Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Dementia Questions

First question:

You are a participant in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Spoiler:
answer : if you answered that you are first,
Then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are in second place!

Try to do better next time.
Now answer the second question,
But don't take as much time as
You took for the first question, ok?

Second question:

If you overtake the last person, then you are....?

Spoiler:
answer: if you answered that you are second to last, then you are.....
Wrong again. Tell me sunshine, how can you overtake the last person??

You're not very good at this, are you?

Third question:

Very tricky arithmetic!

Note: this must be done in your head only.

Do not use paper and pencil or a calculator.
Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000 now add 30.
Add another 1000. Now add 20 ... Now add another 1000.
Now add 10... What is the total?

Spoiler:
did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100...

If you don't believe it, check it with a calculator! Today is definitely not your day, is it? Maybe you'll get the last question right.... Maybe...

Fourth question:

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3... Nini, 4. Nono, and ???
What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Spoiler:
did you answer nunu?

No! Of course it isn't.
Her name is mary! Read the question again!

Okay, now the bonus round,
Ie. A final chance to redeem yourself:

A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush.

By imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses; how does he indicate what he wants?

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler:
it's really very simple
He opens his mouth and asks for it...

Spoiler:
does your employer actually pay you to think?? If so do not let them see your answers for this test!

Pass this on to frustrate the smart people in your life!

Spoiler:

And i got everyone of them wrong!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
These are hurting me.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I missed #3.
This is a cute quiz!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Spoiler:

I got all but one of them right. The one I got wrong was the second one, but the quiz gets it wrong too!

The correct answer to the second question:
Spoiler:
You could be in any position except last, as you've just lapped the last person in the race.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I got them all right except number 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Spoiler:
You could be in any position except last, as you've just lapped the last person in the race.
Assuming the race is circuitous and lapping can be done. My answer was that you were obviously in the wrong race
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
You are a very bad man Mr GeoffC.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I missed #3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I got them all right except number 3.
Me too. Damned third question!
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Paul - you're definitely in the wrong race, perhaps last week's Grand Prix, instead of the marathon....
Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I got all but one of them right. The one I got wrong was the second one, but the quiz gets it wrong too!

Spoiler:

Upon this, I've stumbled, too. Thought it too sophisticated a question: who can be behind the last one? Uuh?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Nice questions!
I got #2 and #4 wrong. I guess each time after answering correctly my attention slacked
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #11
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I got two out of them right.....I suck
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Spoiler:

1, 3 and 5, I had correct.

Quote:
Second question:

If you overtake the last person, then you are....?

Spoiler:
answer: if you answered that you are second to last, then you are.....
Wrong again. Tell me sunshine, how can you overtake the last person??

You're not very good at this, are you?
But I don't understand this one...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #13
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
GeoffC; you just lowered my self-esteem considerably by this quiz. Thanks.
I won't even tell my score, but 8.00 in the morning is waaay too early to do this; I'll take it again this evening and let you all know.

Last edited by desertblues; 04-01-2011 at 04:28 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 AM   #14
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

Also missed Number 3.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #15
GeoffC

Number 3 is one of those that makes one seriously doubt ones sanity - it really did take the use of a calculator for me to convince myself the error of my mental arithmetic, of which I am usually fairly good.

Even when I just added the 1000's by themselves and then added up the other numbers I still got it wrong !!!!

Shame on moi.....