Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Go to first new post - not always working

Anyone else out there who, while trying to get to the first new post of a subscribed thread, is taken to the top of the last page of the thread *or* to the bottom of the last page of the thread?

About 50% of the time, I'm not repositioned to the first new post.

*edit* Sometimes, it will quickly display the last post and then just as quickly go to the top of the last page. Very annoying!

Thanks WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-19-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Anyone else out there who, while trying to get to the first new post of a subscribed thread, is taken to the top of the last page of the thread *or* to the bottom of the last page of the thread?

About 50% of the time, I'm not repositioned to the first new post.

Thanks WDE.
I'm having that problem as well.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm having that problem as well.
Glad to see I'm not alone. Strange happenings are usually my own fault.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what are you clicking on ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what are you clicking on ?
The little blue arrow pointing downward, just to the left of the thread title on my list of subscribed threads that have new postings. While hovering over it, it displays 'Go to first new post'.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm having the same problem too, but I kind of like it
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The little blue arrow pointing downward, just to the left of the thread title on my list of subscribed threads that have new postings. While hovering over it, it displays 'Go to first new post'.
okay, so that's right then... what browser are you using ?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
okay, so that's right then... what browser are you using ?
IE7 (ya, I know!)
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Strange. I tested it with threads I am subscribed to and it seems to work properly. I would need to try with a few more subscriptions and see if I encounter the same problem.

Btw, what browser(s) are you using? Edit: Ah, IE7. Ok I will use it next to test subscriptions.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
IE7 (ya, I know!)
well pfff !! get a real browser, and we'll talk !

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

(seriously though, i'm not having that problem, and i can't think where it could be coming from, apart from possibly a bug in ei, but maybe alex can help).
Old 01-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The problem is also, it doesn't happen all the time, so it is doubly annoying.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hm... I subscribed to this thread and when you posted a new message, I used IE7 to jump to the latest unread post as described by Wetdogeared. I guess I have to keep trying to see if/when things go wrong.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The problem is also, it doesn't happen all the time, so it is doubly annoying.
Yes it is. I updated my original post to say it happens about 50% of the time (I'm being generous). To clarify again, it does quickly display the first new post, and then just as quickly displays the top of the last page.)

It's like having to read the previous chapter of a book again before you can continue to the next chapter...etc..etc..
Old 01-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Yes it is. I updated my original post to say it happens about 50% of the time (I'm being generous). To clarify again, it does quickly display the first new post, and then just as quickly displays the top of the last page.)

It's like having to read the previous chapter of a book again before you can continue to the next chapter...etc..etc..
I don't mind it as much since it's usually ones I've read already and I automatically scroll to the bottom anyway. But if it makes you feel better I don't like it enough to make you suffer so I can keep it

I noticed when I'm in the reply page it'll knock down an inch or so a little while after the page loads.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #15
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I don't mind it as much since it's usually ones I've read already and I automatically scroll to the bottom anyway. But if it makes you feel better I don't like it enough to make you suffer so I can keep it

I noticed when I'm in the reply page it'll knock down an inch or so a little while after the page loads.
I just clicked on this new post and was taken to post #1.