Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #1741
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm seeing something weird in the Kobo store. When searching for ebooks the prices shown in the search results are much lower than the actual checkout price or price on the info page for the title. Most of the titles I've noticed this on are 27% more expensive than the search listings would suggest. The lower price can also be seen in the history.

Anyone experience the same or know what causes this?
Perhaps something to do with this?
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UQqSK7_pd1M
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #1742
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
That was fixed, actually. But maybe something broke again.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #1743
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm seeing something weird in the Kobo store. When searching for ebooks the prices shown in the search results are much lower than the actual checkout price or price on the info page for the title. Most of the titles I've noticed this on are 27% more expensive than the search listings would suggest. The lower price can also be seen in the history.

Anyone experience the same or know what causes this?
What titles are you seeing this pricing issue? I want to double check.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #1744
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
What titles are you seeing this pricing issue? I want to double check.
Don't know if it's region related. Some of them are:
Zero Point
Prador Moon
Theories of Flight
Legend of Eli Monpress
The Spirit War etc.

Also I'm logged in, so that shouldn't cause a problem.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #1745
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I see Kobo is offering pre-orders now. Wish codes worked on those (non-agency stuff of course).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #1746
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I use a slightly different method, I created a US Kobo account and just gift ebooks back to my UK account using my UK Paypal account, that way all my books are in one place.
I do the same, in reverse. I've only had one that could not be gifted (but it opened fine in my ADE, anyway).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #1747
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Except it has been doing that a lot longer than that.

Plus, it doesn't even matter if you are logged in or not. I half suspect the search shows you canadian prices, then the book page another, or something similar.

And often the Buy page has another price, entirely.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #1748
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
At this stage I have no idea what's going on pricing wise. The majority of titles have this issue, though some don't. Wanted to go on a buying spree, but weary now since I might be paying more than I actually should.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #1749
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
We have a consumer law in Australia that says that where 2 prices are displayed, the lower price can only be charged.

Kobo needs to take note and where contacted by an Australian member/purchaser only sell at the lower advertised price no matter where that is showing on their website.

NB: I have yet to come across this issue myself.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #1750
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
I see Kobo is offering pre-orders now. Wish codes worked on those (non-agency stuff of course).
Is there any reason to pre-order a digital book? There's a limitless supply!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #1751
koland
Grand Sorcerer

sometimes the free price is a mistake (but honored if ordered while it is mis-marked).

Sometimes, the book increases in price on delivery day or just before - the free price was a promo period, to bump up sales on the release date.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #1752
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
VoucherCodes40 just worked for me in the US.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #1753
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yep, I just tested vouchercodes40 here in Aus too - and it's 1450 hours, Friday 1 Feb.

But - sure as eggs it'll turn midnight sooner or later wherever it's programmed.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #1754
bfcnz
bfcnz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Still working in New Zealand as well, 6pm on the 1st Feb. Bought 4 book with it
bfcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #1755
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Yep VoucherCodes40 still works right now, Europe 12:13 midday... Should be way passed most midnights now no?

Also, a new 30% off code FebSave30, ends 4th Feb.
HOWEVER, it suggests it is only for one book in particular: Though Not Dead by Dana Stabenow
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals