Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #1726
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa89 View Post
so after reading your comment I went back to check out the prices for the individual books...It's weird, for the trilogy it would cost me 20.68$ after the discount but if I buy the 3 books individually it costs 19.98! I think I'll just rent them online from my local library finally.

How are you getting $20.68 after the discount? I'm in Canada too & Kobobooks shows the trilogy as $29.99 before the discount and $17.99 after.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #1727
Boa89
Boa89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
How are you getting $20.68 after the discount? I'm in Canada too & Kobobooks shows the trilogy as $29.99 before the discount and $17.99 after.
It's because im from Quebec(the taxes are not the same).

Price: $29.99
Promo Code (vouchercodes40):-$12.00
GST/TPS:$0.90
QST/TVQ:$1.79
Total:$20.68

Last edited by Boa89; 01-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Boa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #1728
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
It's because im from Quebec(the taxes are not the same).

Price: $29.99
Promo Code (vouchercodes40):-$12.00
GST/TPS:$0.90
QST/TVQ:$1.79
Total:$20.68
I know the taxes are different. I thought you guys only had 5% HST though. Apparently not.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #1729
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. Since today I still had the same problem, I finally tried another browser and with this one it's working! No idea why it suddenly did not work with my standard browser. And the error message clearly stated that the fault was with the Kobo website when apparently it was not. Oh well, but the most important thing is that now I can get my next book fix!
Yay! Glad that worked. Good to know Kobobooks.com apparently doesn't always like all the browsers.

Quote:
But my credit card adress is from Quebec, not the uk...would that be a problem?
No problem at all! Works perfectly.

However, you might need to know the format of a valid UK address. http://www.fakenamegenerator.com could help you with that
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #1730
Meow
Meow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Mini
Grrr, I tried using VoucherCodes40 for a book, it worked.

Then I tried to buy another book....now there is no place to enter a discount code.

I tried this on 2 separate browsers on 2 different devices.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #1731
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Grrr, I tried using VoucherCodes40 for a book, it worked.

Then I tried to buy another book....now there is no place to enter a discount code.

I tried this on 2 separate browsers on 2 different devices.
If a book doesn't have a place to enter a code on checkout it's because it's not a discount eligible title.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #1732
Meow
Meow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Mini
Thanks!
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #1733
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If a book doesn't have a place to enter a code on checkout it's because it's not a discount eligible title.
It's been a while since I've bought anything at Kobo, if I hit the "Buy Now" button, will it take me to a new page to enter the promo code? I'm so used to one click buying on Amazon I don't want to hit it just in case that's what happens.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #1734
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
It's been a while since I've bought anything at Kobo, if I hit the "Buy Now" button, will it take me to a new page to enter the promo code? I'm so used to one click buying on Amazon I don't want to hit it just in case that's what happens.
Go into your account and under the Account Settings tab scroll down to the Checkout For Ebook Purchases section. Make sure 'Show me standard Checkout...' is checked, instead of 'Show me QuickBuy...'.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #1735
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Go into your account and under the Account Settings tab scroll down to the Checkout For Ebook Purchases section. Make sure 'Show me standard Checkout...' is checked, instead of 'Show me QuickBuy...'.
Thank you! I did turn off the QuickBuy earlier. I totally forgot I did that.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #1736
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
But my credit card adress is from Quebec, not the uk...would that be a problem?
You can pay with paypal and there should be no problem, that's what I do, if a book is cheaper in the us I use a US adress and if it is in the UK I use a different adress, in any case I pay with paypal using my regular account with the adress in Portugal.
To overcome the problems off not being able to buy books because off my location I created a paypal account with a US adress wich I only use for buying books but in the Kobo store I don’t need to use it.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #1737
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
You can pay with paypal and there should be no problem, that's what I do, if a book is cheaper in the us I use a US adress and if it is in the UK I use a different adress, in any case I pay with paypal using my regular account with the adress in Portugal
Just something I want to check before I try: When you change your address to buy a book that is not available in your country, does that book still show in your library after you change your address back? Or do you need to download the book before you change your address back to your home country?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #1738
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yes Geoff it does show in your library as normal.

Everything will work the same way it does for you now regardless of what country you are signed in under.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-30-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #1739
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I use a slightly different method, I created a US Kobo account and just gift ebooks back to my UK account using my UK Paypal account, that way all my books are in one place.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #1740
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm seeing something weird in the Kobo store. When searching for ebooks the prices shown in the search results are much lower than the actual checkout price or price on the info page for the title. Most of the titles I've noticed this on are 27% more expensive than the search listings would suggest. The lower price can also be seen in the history.

Anyone experience the same or know what causes this?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals