Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #46
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I was so bummed that this wont be released in time for Christmas! Usually they let it be bought at their site a month earlier than the street date but suddenly not on the special releases. I love her Christmas stories and have bought and read all of them cept one I plan to read this month The Baby & the Bodyguard that one was released in July and I grabbed it the other day.
Yes, I was very disappointed about the Jule McBride book only coming out in January, too. I mean, what's the point? It's a Christmas book! Anyway, I was following your recommendation when I ordered it; she's a new-to-me author. Which other book by her might be a good starting point?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #47
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
The Messenger by Siri Mitchell free at B&N and Amazon

Hannah Sunderland felt content in her embrace of the Quaker faith...until her twin brother joined the Colonial cause and ended up in jail. She longs to bring some measure of comfort to him in the squalid prison, but her faith forbids it. The Friends believe that they are not to take sides, not to take up arms. She is not allowed to visit him, even if she were able to secure a pass.

Jeremiah Jones, a Colonial spy, needs access to the jail to help rescue men important to the cause. Upon meeting Hannah, a plan begins to develop. Who would suspect a pious Quaker visiting a loved one?

But Jeremiah is unprepared for Hannah, for her determination to do right, to not lie. How can one be a spy and not lie? Hannah, in turn, is surprised by Jeremiah...for the way he forces her to confront her own beliefs, for the sensitivity and concern that he shows her despite the wounds he still carries.

In a time of war, can two unlikely heroes find the courage to act?

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #48
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free today at Amazon US: A Month at the Shore by Antoinette Stockenberg, first published by St. Martin's Press Paperbacks, 2003.

Quote:
He was her childhood knight in shining armor ... but she wasn't a fairytale princess.

Kendall Barclay III was a skinny, nerdy kid when he single-handedly took on a gang of bullies assaulting Laura Shore, a thirteen-year-old girl from the town's most notorious family. The childhood trauma became one more reason for Laura to flee the small Cape Cod town for the opposite coast and make a name for herself there. But now her tyrannical father is dead, her murderous uncle as well, and her beloved sister Corinne wants Laura and their black-sheep brother to come home and restore Shore Gardens, the family nursery fallen to rack and ruin, back to its former charm.

Reluctantly, they promise Corinne one month. One month, for Laura to face down past memories which are anything but fond and to come to terms with the wild range of feelings she has for the man who is no longer either skinny or nerdy. It's a daunting assignment -- made more so when a shocking discovery is made on the nursery grounds. Have knights in shining armor gone out of fashion? Laura will soon find out.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Yes, I was very disappointed about the Jule McBride book only coming out in January, too. I mean, what's the point? It's a Christmas book! Anyway, I was following your recommendation when I ordered it; she's a new-to-me author. Which other book by her might be a good starting point?
Cole in My Stocking: This was great! Without giving a plot away. She's has no choice but to kidnap the guy and make him believe they are married. He has Amnesia from a accident. Very funny but has a few serious moments. This is what I love about the author. The ability to take a well used plot and tell a unique story.

Smoochin' Santa (bk 1), Santa Slept Over (bk 2)
These are two books that go together the first is about a little girl who ran away to find her favorite Book author to live with because her parents were getting a divorce. The cab driver who takes her to this remote town is the heroine. It's such a sweet story. The second book is about the little girl's parents who are reunited when they realize their daughter is missing. I read this series first then Cole in my Stocking.

Today is the day to get all my Christmas books I plan to read on the eReaders. The big question is what to read first?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A bunch of $1.99 Harlequin Christmas books.

Note: most of these are series books not stand alones.
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #51
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I would email support I am sure they will allow you use your expired credits because you wasn't aware they expire.
I got the response--they will let me use my expired credits but only on the books that were "featured selections" during the months of my membership. Which I didn't get then because I didn't want them NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS FOR ME.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Just picked up The Night Before Christmas for $1.99. If you like short Christmas stories you might want to check this one out.

Quote:
Tis the night before Christmas and all through the house, things are definitely stirring. . .because if you're going to wait up for Santa, you might as well have some very sexy company. . .
  • White Knight Christmas By Lori Foster
  • Snowed Under By Erin McCarthy
  • Ms. Humbug By Jill Shalvis
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas By Kathy Love
  • Seducing Scrooge By Katherine Garbera
  • The Good Girl's Guide To A Very Bad Christmas By Kylie Adams
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #53
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Bunches more HarperCollins are dropping. I've got a huge cart full ready at BoB as soon as their prices catch up (and pass ) Nook and Kindle! There's a lot of recent releases in the $2.99 category!

$0.99
Anthology - Holidays are Hell (drop from $1.99)
Jennifer Bernard - The Fireman Who Loved Me [Bachelor Fireman #1]
Christina Dodd - My Favorite Bride [Governess Brides #6]
Janet Evanovich - Back to the Bedroom
Jeaniene Frost - At Grave's End [Night Huntress #3]
Karen Hawkins - And the Bride Wore Plaid [Talisman Ring #4]
Pamela Palmer - Desire Untamed [Feral Warriors #1]

$1.99
Liz Carlyle - The Bride Wore Scarlet [Fraternitas Aureae Crucis #3]
Lena Diaz - He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not
Suzanne Enoch - Always a Scoundrel [Notorious Gentleman #3]
Suzanne Enoch - A Matter of Scandal [With this Ring #3]
Suzanne Enoch - By Love Undone [Bancroft Brothers #1]
Suzanne Enoch - Lady Rogue
Suzanne Enoch - London's Perfect Scoundrel [Lessons in Love #2]
Suzanne Enoch - Meet Me at Midnight [With this Ring #2]
Suzanne Enoch - Reforming a Rake [With this Ring #1]
Suzanne Enoch - Stolen Kisses
Jeaniene Frost - Eternal Kiss of Darkness [Night Huntress World #2]
Rachel Gibson - Daisy's Back in Town [Lovett, TX #1]
Kim Harrison - A Fistful of Charms [The Hallows #4]
Johanna Lindsey - A Gentle Feuding
Johanna Lindsey - A Heart so Wild [Straton Family #1]
Johanna Lindsey - Angel [Wyoming #3]
Johanna Lindsey - Brave the Wild Wind [Wyoming #1]
Johanna Lindsey - Captive Bride
Johanna Lindsey - Heart of a Warrior [Ly-San-Ter Family #3]
Johanna Lindsey - Keeper of the Heart [Ly-San-Ter Family #2]
Johanna Lindsey - Once a Princess [Carinia's Royal Family #1]
Johanna Lindsey - Prisoner of My Desire
Johanna Lindsey - Savage Thunder [Wyoming #2]
Johanna Lindsey - Secret Fire
Johanna Lindsey - Silver Angel
Johanna Lindsey - Surrender My Love [Viking #3]
Johanna Lindsey - Tender is the Storm
Johanna Lindsey - The Pursuit [Sherring Cross #3]
Johanna Lindsey - Warrior's Woman [Ly-San-Ter Family #1]
Johanna Lindsey - When Love Awaits
Johanna Lindsey - You Belong to Me [Carinia's Royal Family #2]
Pamela Palmer - A Blood Seduction [Vamp City #1]
Lynsay Sands - The Countess [Madison Sisters #1]
Lynsay Sands - Under a Vampire Moon [Argeneau #16]
Carla Swafford - Circle of Desire [The Circle #1]
Carla Swafford - Circle of Danger [The Cirlce #2]
Melody Thomas - Passion and Pleasure in London [Charmed and Dangerous #3]

$2.99
Susan Andersen - Getting Lucky [Marine #2]
Katharine Ashe - How to Be a Proper Lady [Falcon Club #2]
Katharine Ashe - In the Arms of the Marquess [Rogues of the Sea #3]
Katharine Ashe - When a Scot Loves a Lady [Falcon Club #1]
Elizabeth Boyle - Along Came a Duke [Rhymes with Love #1]
Loretta Chase - Scandal Wears Satin [Dressmakers #2]
Tessa Dare - A Lady by Midnight [Spindle Cove #3]
Tessa Dare - A Night to Surrender [Spindle Cove #1]
Christine Feehan - Lair of the Lion
Donna Fletcher - Legendary Warrior
Gaelen Foley - My Ruthless Prince [Inferno Club #4]
Karen Hawkins - The Seduction of Sara [Rogues #3]
Caroline Linden - Blame it on Bath [The Truth About the Duke #2]
Caroline Linden - One Night in London [The Truth About the Duke #1]
Sabrina Jeffries - After the Abduction [Swanlea Spinsters #3]
Sophie Jordan - Lessons from a Scandalous Bride [Forgotten Princesses #2]
Sarah MacLean - A Rogue by Any Other Name [First Rule of Scoundrels #1]
Debbie Macomber - Morning Comes Softly
Debbie Macomber - One Night
Debbie Macomber - Someday Soon [Deliverance Company #1]
Debbie Macomber - The Trouble with Angels [Angels Everywhere #2]
Debbie Macomber - Touched by Angels [Angels Everywhere #3]
Cathy Maxwell - Lyon's Bride [Chattan Curse #1]
Miranda Neville - Confessions from an Arranged Marriage [Burgandy Club #4]

Last edited by apesmom; 12-03-2012 at 10:02 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #54
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Mulligan Stew [Mulligans #1] by Deb Stover - previously published by Jove 2002

Quote:
A cursed Irish castle, star-crossed lovers, destiny, and comfort food....

Widowed mother and aspiring chef, Bridget Mulligan, leaves small-town Tennessee, the only home she's ever known, to take her son to Ireland and the in-laws she's never met.

Bridget and her son are welcomed by all but one member of the Mulligan Clan—her brother-in-law, Riley—who believes Bridget is a fraud and fortune-hunter.

However, when the old Mulligan Curse lures Bridget to the sealed castle on their land, Riley Mulligan must face all his demons—the past and the present—along with the powerful longing both he and Bridget battle for each other.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale $2.99

How Sweet it is
by Sophie Gunn
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Small Town USA)
Series: The Enemy's Club 01
Publisher: Forever (2011)

Note: This has been on my wishlist since it came out. I don't remember why I added it.. I picked it up now after looking at it again. If only book two would go down in price.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #56
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I got the response--they will let me use my expired credits but only on the books that were "featured selections" during the months of my membership. Which I didn't get then because I didn't want them NO MORE MEMBERSHIPS FOR ME.
Oh, not so good. That's a shame. I didn't renew, either.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #57
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
It would be super handy if DANL had a section that lists previous months books. I have one credit but have found it very difficult to find the previous club selections. Luckily being the good folk we are here most monthly romance threads have the next months selections listed towards the end of the thread so I've been finding them that way. One thing I noticed when trawling the past threads is that the number of free romances being posted seems to have declined slightly over the last 6 months
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #58
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
It would be super handy if DANL had a section that lists previous months books. I have one credit but have found it very difficult to find the previous club selections. Luckily being the good folk we are here most monthly romance threads have the next months selections listed towards the end of the thread so I've been finding them that way. One thing I noticed when trawling the past threads is that the number of free romances being posted seems to have declined slightly over the last 6 months
Yes, I suggested this to them (that they create a webpage for them). Luckily I had kept the emails they sent me with the selections so I searched those out. Also I found a Grace Burrowes book I had missed, so I guess it's all good. But I can't buy many books now (and won't buy any unless they are from one of my top 10 authors) unless they're free because my husband got laid off and my book budget is practically nonexistent.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #59
Joykins
Wizard

From DANL customer service rep:

Quote:
We believe having a “Previously Featured” page is great idea and will pass along the suggestion to our team.
so that's good I guess
Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
From DANL customer service rep:

so that's good I guess
This would save me alot of work.