Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #31
tinkerzdam
tinkerzdam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook STGlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanJ View Post
The Harlequin site was only giving me about 38% off, rather than the 50% ($4.79 discount on an original price of $12.78), but then they said there was a technical error so I got no books at all. Did you ladies buy all the books?! Fess up now!
The 50% discount is off the full price of the books, not off the already discounted prices that Harlequin usually sells at (10% or 20% off). I just bought a bunch and had no technical difficulties so, hopefully, you can get yours without any trouble now too.
tinkerzdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #32
SusanJ
Enthusiast
SusanJ has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle for PC
Yes, I see they count the existing discounts as part of it. But it still won't work for me, so I have saved $7.99 by buying nothing at all!
SusanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #33
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
From Sourcebooks:

The Officer Says "I Do" by Jeanette Murray $0.99

http://www.amazon.com/Officer-Semper...eanette+Murray

Scrumptious by Amanda Usen $0.99

http://www.amazon.com/Scrumptious-eb...us+Amanda+Usen

Also, UF and PNR from Avon:

Tarnished: The St. Croix Chronicles and Blood of the Wicked by Karina Cooper $0.99

http://www.amazon.com/Tarnished-St-C...+Karina+Cooper
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...arauthorcom-20

3 of these were on my wish list, so along with the Harlequin sale, it looks like it will be a busy book purchases day.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #34
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
I just saw the coupon at Dear Author, and I'm excited because I held my December HQN purchases because I was waiting for the 50% off coupon. I only wish Mills and Boon had the same sale!

I also picked up Roberta Gellis' The Rope Dancer for 79 cents at Sourcebooks.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
So I went on a shopping spree at Harlequin.

I had been hoping there would such a coupon (though I did not quite expect it this early in December!), so I'd kept quite a few books on my wish list. And don't you know? Harlequin just happened to publish an inordinately high number of books that struck my fancy these last few months.

Anyway, here's the haul for $75.35 altogether. Lots of Christmas books among them!

McBride, Jule: Hitched by Christmas.
I was so bummed that this wont be released in time for Christmas! Usually they let it be bought at their site a month earlier than the street date but suddenly not on the special releases. I love her Christmas stories and have bought and read all of them cept one I plan to read this month The Baby & the Bodyguard that one was released in July and I grabbed it the other day.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #36
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Two more from Sourcebooks at $0.99:

The Wild Irish Sea by Loucinda McGary - romantic suspense

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Irish-Sea...d_sim_kstore_3

Taste Me by Tamara Hogan - UF/PNR

http://www.amazon.com/Taste-Me-Under...pr_product_top
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

(And Happy (belated) Birthday! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Happy Birthday, Blossom!
I picked up a Western Digital 3TB My Book Drive last night for $119 at Office Depot with some of my Birthday money. I also picked up with the 30% off Kindle Accessories Voucher a cover for my Kindle Fire. Still got plenty left for Christmas book bargains!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I picked up a Western Digital 3TB My Book Drive last night for $119 at Office Depot with some of my Birthday money. I also picked up with the 30% off Kindle Accessories Voucher a cover for my Kindle Fire. Still got plenty left for Christmas book bargains!
Happy belated birthday, Blossom!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #39
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
If membership expires you lose your credits. If you renew they do not roll over. You could try contacting support to give them back once you renew.

I've never had a problem logging in even after mine expired. I've renewed now but I spent my credits before my membership lapse.
Well, I guess I didn't understand that when they said if I didn't like their selections I could use the credit another month, that that "another month" had to be a month of membership, because it was the last month of my membership that I didn't like any of their selections. Oh, well, I am not going to subscribe to these things anymore because they are always full of gotchas and I ended up buying a lot of books I wasn't really interested in.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You could email DANL support. They are very nice people. They may let you have the book. Tell them what book you wanted use it on. I don't think they have the ability to keep the credits on nonmembers but maybe they can send you the book instead.
Thats what I did. Thanks for the suggestion! They have the next book in the Olivia Cunning series I liked.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Well, I guess I didn't understand that when they said if I didn't like their selections I could use the credit another month, that that "another month" had to be a month of membership, because it was the last month of my membership that I didn't like any of their selections. Oh, well, I am not going to subscribe to these things anymore because they are always full of gotchas and I ended up buying a lot of books I wasn't really interested in.
I would email support I am sure they will allow you use your expired credits because you wasn't aware they expire.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #42
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Good deal!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
Joykins
Wizard

Quote:
I would email support I am sure they will allow you use your expired credits because you wasn't aware they expire.
I hope so too This Cunning book is the first one of theirs I've been interested in for a while.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I hope so too This Cunning book is the first one of theirs I've been interested in for a while.
It's 3rd in the series.

The first two they gave away when they came out so you may have them.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #45
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I bought 24 books at the Harlequin sale today. I still have some on my wish list there, but got the ones I really wanted. I still have lots left over to read from the $4 off sale last year, so I tried to behave (not to mention I had quite the shopping spree at ARe on Cyber Monday).

I still wish they would release more treasury titles. Or of the rights have reverted that the authors would release them.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote