Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
nathansuchy
Enthusiast
nathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wifi
I am having trouble signing my Kindlets please help,

I have been using my Kindle more and more lately and have noticed that the web browser is kinda basic and have wanted to add more features to it, but don't want to have to o that through USB Networking so instead I am re-writing opera mini for android (UI and Code). I have been unable to load the Hello World kindlet because I am unable to sign it. Attached is a zip file with what I am using.
nathansuchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
i did this.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=66
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
nathansuchy
Enthusiast
nathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I though this worked but it did not.

Last edited by nathansuchy; 11-17-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Post Content Untrue :(
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

Ok still not working. Attached is my zip file will you please tell me what is wrong with it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindlet.zip (21.0 KB, 116 views)
Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

I have gcj-4.6-jdk installed for jarsigner will that work if not please send me a .deb file (please compress this and make it small as possible as I use an android tether for internet I prefer files compressed with 7zip if possible)
Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansuchy View Post
I have gcj-4.6-jdk installed for jarsigner will that work if not please send me a .deb file (please compress this and make it small as possible as I use an android tether for internet I prefer files compressed with 7zip if possible)
*.deb files ARE compressed files.
use ar to open them if required, Debian ignores your personal preferences.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

Is there something wrong with the zip file I uploaded earlier?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansuchy View Post
Is there something wrong with the zip file I uploaded earlier?
The comment was about *.deb files.
Are you speed reading? or just being difficult for general purposes?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
nathansuchy: Just to make sure - other developer (!) Kindlets are working fine, i.e. your Kindle is correctly set up?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

Yes other kindlets signed with the merged developer keystore which I am trying to use to sign my Kindlets work fine but my computer is not signing the jar file and I have tried everything I can as you can see the zip file I uploaded earlier. Download ZIPFILE here
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

My New Zip File(Still does not work though :()

This is my new zipfile can someone please tell me what is wrong with it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindlet.zip (19.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay - you don't say exactly "how" you run the ./sign.sh

nor do you give the exact error.

if the error is
Quote:
cp: missing destination file operand after `./blah.azw2'
then you must give it a valid azw2 filename (other than test.azw2)

If the error is something else then I don't understand. as I can sign it fine.

Quote:
me@dev ~/Downloads/test $ ./sign.sh ./renamedDownloadedKindlet.azw2
(attached)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[11/18/12 11:51 PM] Kindlet (v. 1.0)

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nsuchy.kindlet.main was not found:
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.m.find Class(tdb:486)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.m.load Class(tdb:463)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Method)(ClassLoader.java:321)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.gb.gdb(bvb:153)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.gb.St(bvb:439)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.lifecycle.o.cal l(upb:412)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Fut ureTask.run(ez:491)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.BW(jv:959)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(jv:803)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:988)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Thread.java:1065)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: nsuchy/kindlet/main (Bad magic number)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Method)(ClassLoader.java:634)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:125)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.m.find Class(tdb:342)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.m.load Class(tdb:463)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Method)(ClassLoader.java:321)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.gb.gdb(bvb:153)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.gb.St(bvb:439)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.lifecycle.o.cal l(upb:412)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Fut ureTask.run(ez:491)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.BW(jv:959)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(jv:803)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:988)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Thread.java:1065)
HTH

(peruse the source luke)
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.azw2.zip (2.8 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
^ what twobob said.

There are so many things wrong with this file, I don't know where to even start...

First: the .azw2 file is not signed at all. Answer twobob's questions to find out out why this is so.

Second: the included META-INF/manifest.mf file should be called MANIFEST.MF (all CAPITAL letters). That's not a big deal, but still.

Third: your main class should be called "Main", not "main". Java doesn't really care about this, but you'll do yourself (and everyone else) a favor if you follow the commonly accepted Java Naming Conventions.

Fourth: Your .class file is actually the SOURCE file, not the COMPILED bytecode!!!

All in all, I suggest you start with "an introduction to Java for beginners" first, before diving into Kindlet development. You seem to be lacking the very basics. Don't get this wrong, I'm not trying to offend you - I'm just stating the facts...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
twobob

I'm not 100% sure that Kindlets are the best target anyways.
(Okay I am 99.999% sure they are not the right thing to use really)

You strike me as an exuberant man with lot's of drive, a bit of direction is of course always helpful.

To that end:

I politely suggest you consider other targets.

What about an X target for your output. We are just on the verge of providing a reasonable X implementation for the 3 (even got input working when aping with debian) - yep - it's a challenge but hey

That would probably simplify the "Getting it on screen" section.
I can provide a (mostly) working X to play with if you are up for that one. (or hawhill has actually posted a far easier to "just use" one)

In the absence of X you should probably consider QT (or gtk perhaps) targets for the rendering (and widgets) - there is also some built-in display functionality for the device (you have a 3 right?) that is used to display menu's etc... (blanket perhaps via pillow?) if you really wanted to be extra clever you could look into reusing some of that.

If you imagine that Kindlets will be some fully featured way of getting stuff "to screen" I can assure you (IMHO) they are a locked-down bumache.
(see my many threads on attempting to make kindlets do something "amazing") they never failed to disappoint. It MAY be that they would be a great testbed for super solid browsing. My gut says NO.

Hope that helps somewhat
And I too spent my first three days swearing like a solider at kindlets. for the record.
(Also noted it all on here, provided error outputs and worked examples of "Howto" when I was done) - Thank goodness now it seems (I used my hello world to test yours)

Fingers crossed that the stumbling block of "getting Sexy to screen" on the 3 doesn't tumble you. It was the bane of my life for a good long while there too.

nice to meet.
good luck.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'm not 100% sure that Kindlets are the best target anyways.
(Okay I am 99.999% sure they are not the right thing to use really)

If you imagine that Kindlets will be some fully featured way of getting stuff "to screen" I can assure you (IMHO) they are a locked-down bumache.
(see my many threads on attempting to make kindlets do something "amazing") they never failed to disappoint. It MAY be that they would be a great testbed for super solid browsing. My gut says NO.
Hehe... it depends. On the K5 and up, Kindlets actually are quite a nice thing.* They're easy to write, they provide a consistent UI, and they allow you to do pretty much anything (i.e., they can interact with both the Java-based, and the system part of the device) - that is, if you know what to do, and if you escape the "locked-down bumache" - but that part is trivial if you use the Kindlet jailbreak. This is why I personally prefer to write Kindlets, rather than anything else. (yes, they're mostly limited to a specific FW version, but that's also because they do very specific things which are closely coupled to the FW - especially now that Amazon re-obfuscates everything with every new release - if you stick with "pure userland" and don't try to muck with the system internals, that's much more relaxed).

(*) Not so on the K3, because that doesn't support standard Swing UI components. You'll have to reinvent the wheel for many UI things, and even then, it'll still look ugly. I'm still not sure about the K4, but my guess is that it's similar to the K3, i.e., "not good".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote