Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Amazon electronics trade-in program announced

Amazon.com just announced a new trade-in program. Users can pick items they want to return (including book readers and cell phones) from a list of returnable items on the site. The site will give you a printable mailing label. You box your returns up, ship them to Amazon. The Company will have a look at your return and send you an Amazon gift certificate for the used property.

Here's a link to the press release.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....277&highlight=
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
L.J. Sellers
Novelist
L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Nation has a story about this and how it paves the way for consumers to trade in their iPads to buy Amazon's new tablet. Smart marketing move.

http://kindlenationdaily.com/2011/05/kindle-tablet-2/

L.J.

Last edited by dreams; 05-21-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: edit self-promotion
L.J. Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Man, I have so many old cell phones kicking about, I'll definitely be looking into this...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I will definitely be watching this unfold. If it's worth-while, I'll be boxing up a ton of crap to send in. Old phones, a laptop, and some other doo-dads.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Meh if its anything like all the other trade in programs, the only thing i have of value is the phone im currently using. Everything else is considered too old to be worth anything.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. Sellers View Post
Kindle Nation has a story about this and how it paves the way for consumers to trade in their iPads to buy Amazon's new tablet. Smart marketing move.

http://kindlenationdaily.com/2011/05/kindle-tablet-2/

L.J.
I just took a look at what they offer for an iPad. I want to see what the Amazon tablet has, but if it's any good I have an iPad to send them.

The thing that strikes me most about this offer is that it seems eminently fair.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Is it my imagination, or is there no option to trade in a Kindle?
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I always give my old electronics to family members. These buy back programs never give enough.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Is it my imagination, or is there no option to trade in a Kindle?
Doesn't appear to be an option to trade in Sony Readers either.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The majority of acceptable items seems to be Apple products ....

[wonder if Amazon has considered a trade in your K1 for a KSO?]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
We got $171 for two iPhone 3g s from gazelle.com. That was using a 10% bump up offer I got off a podcast. They take lots of electronic items, and will recycle them even if they can't give you much money.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybo View Post
We got $171 for two iPhone 3g s from gazelle.com. That was using a 10% bump up offer I got off a podcast. They take lots of electronic items, and will recycle them even if they can't give you much money.
Ouch - you could have sold them for a heck of a lot more than that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
There was a no-hassle factor involved; gazelle even sent us the prepaid box. They were locked phones about three years old; I'm satisfied.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #14
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Meh if its anything like all the other trade in programs, the only thing i have of value is the phone im currently using. Everything else is considered too old to be worth anything.
Same thing here...and my phone is not worth anything either. My Kindle might be, but I'm not done using it yet....
I sometimes think most of these programs are either a)intended to be utterly useless or b) are usefully only to the people who have the money and inclination to upgrade their electronics every couple of months.
Maybe Amazon's will be different.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Same thing here...and my phone is not worth anything either. My Kindle might be, but I'm not done using it yet....
I sometimes think most of these programs are either a)intended to be utterly useless or b) are usefully only to the people who have the money and inclination to upgrade their electronics every couple of months.
Maybe Amazon's will be different.
Well, I just replaced my phone after abour 2 years. The old iPhone 3G is locked, and not really re-sellable without major hassle by me. But Amazon makes it trivial to get some useful $$ out of it. Looks like a winner to me. Primarily because the cost to me in time/energy/hassle is nil. I'd already written off the phone, so this is pure gravy. And even if I were buying Agency books (I'm NOT), it would be 10 free books for my Kindle.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote