Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
kwnewton
kwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle
Can no longer filter books from Home screen in 2.5?

Hey, all! Am I correct that in allowing me to create collections, Amazon somehow took out the filter that let me display only books or only periodicals or only private documents? I upgraded a few days ago, and the collections function works fine. It lets me sort by collections (i.e., they come first on the home screen), but when I put the cursor on the top line of the Home screen and push the 5-way to the left, it no longer does anything-- no display options. Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited by kwnewton; 06-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.
kwnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yes, it's gone. If you want a Personal Documents sort, just create a collection for it.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
kwnewton
kwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekwnewton possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle
Unhappy

seems like a step backwards to me. I can see how the workaround would work, but it's a pain to have to do that.
kwnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I agree. I wish they had kept it, but for people who didn't know how to edit the PDOC metadata and have Amazon do a lot of their conversions, I also understand it wasn't working very well, so I get why they dropped it.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote