Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Just bought Kobo Glo..

I just picked up a Kobo Glo in Boise.. at a bookstore.. I have been trying to find the Kobo Glo for a long time in the U.S. I have the KPW as well.. but the Kobo Glo is lacking the ugly light shadows, blobs and spots at the botton of the pages.. I love it.. why can't Amazon match that? go figure.. It's going to be a adjustment to read on the Kobo Glo without the familiar spots at the bottom of the page as I have been accustomed with on the KPW.. .. I may miss them..
Doug..

Last edited by MrDoug; 12-13-2012 at 09:54 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle III, Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy SIII
Thanks for your honest opinion.......I just purchased one.
After all the youtube vids and reviews I just didn.t know what backlight would be better, the Glo or the KPW.
As I see you have them both I think you made a difference there.
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Doug, I am interested in your comparison experience between the KPW and the Glo. I have had the KPW since the first Amazon release and I just picked up the Glo a couple weeks back.

There are some things I like about each one and, at this early point in my own experience, the two units are very close.
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Doug, I am interested in your comparison experience between the KPW and the Glo. I have had the KPW since the first Amazon release and I just picked up the Glo a couple weeks back.

There are some things I like about each one and, at this early point in my own experience, the two units are very close.
desert dog: The Glo lacks lacks the Globs (light shadows) on the bottom of the
screen, which is a good thing. I hate those Globs on the KPW. The KPW has a better selection of magazines and newspapers which is ok because I read those on my tablet. My KPW is gathering dust.
Doug
Old 12-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Yes, I heard that some kpw had issues. I must have gotten a good one because, other than a few minor highlights, the lighting is level, uniform and clean...
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Yes, I heard that some kpw had issues. I must have gotten a good one because, other than a few minor highlights, the lighting is level, uniform and clean...
Glad to hear you have a clean nice even contrast one.. You are LUCKY..
Doug