Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #46
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
Well, I am WAY past 17 so I was never even remotely interested in Harry Potter.

I would say "What's so special about paranormal, science fiction and for Heaven's sake, vampires?" Those certainly seem to be popular around here. Am I missing something?
I was never interested in reading HP. However, Paranormal & Vampires I absolutely love! Why? Pure escapist reading enjoyment. All of my reading I do to be entertained, I'm not looking for total realism (I'll watch the news.) I'm not looking to excercise my brain (that's what work is for). I have the same tastes when it comes to my movies as well. I have loved just about every Marvel comic movie that's been put out.

I just want to sit back & get lost in some alternate reality, and there is nothing wrong with that!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #47
Michael McLovin
Enthusiast
Michael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with othersMichael McLovin plays well with others

Device: Desktop PC when i'm in the office pretending to work, kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke.

Long-listed for the Man Booker Prize in 2004 and winner of the Hugo in 2005. I just couldn't finish it - so boring.
Gave his book the 3 chapter test last year.
Still trying to muster up the enthusiasm to read chapter 4.
Michael McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #48
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
I feel something of a heretic, but Haruki Murakami's latest, 1Q84, really disappointed. It is enormously long and just didn't seem to reward sticking with it. It is, of course, a translation but that doesn't usually man that his books are not worth the effort.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #49
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

( Plus the fact that everyone was either making coffee, drinking coffee, or talking about making or drinking coffee. I got the jitters just reading it )
Swedish national pastime. 10 cups a day. No wonder I have to get up and find the throne at 4 am.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #50
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
I feel something of a heretic, but Haruki Murakami's latest, 1Q84, really disappointed. It is enormously long and just didn't seem to reward sticking with it. It is, of course, a translation but that doesn't usually man that his books are not worth the effort.
I just started this. It is good so far but I am only a few chapters in.

I needed something to read other than baby books.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert