Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
bearhorse
bearhorse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Question A howdy-howdy from 'Joisey' needing Mac OS help

I just got an early Christmas present in the form of a Sony PRS-500. I'm very excited about the titles I've seen available, but I need to get help on how to get the reader to work with my Mac Mini (dual-core Intel 1.66 with 1GB RAM, under Mac OS X 10.4.6), so I don't have to download books from work...
bearhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Hi, I know I'm a newbie but this question was curious to me so I did a quick google to see how to get it to work.

Here be some links to help out --> http://www.statusq.org/archives/2007/02/27/1309/
-->http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...70227230613272
-->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Re...erating_system

This is important to me to as I'm hoping to choose a Reader that has Mac Support so that when I do get a mac I'll still be able to use it. :P
strangeseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The only way to get PRS-500 to work on Mac is use libprs500 or the SD card. However, if you want to buy books from the Connect store, you have to use one of the three: 1) Parallels 2) Bootcamp 3) a Windows PC. No way to buy books on Mac native at the moment.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:52 AM   #4
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Mac users really get shafted don't they? :|
strangeseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
bearhorse
bearhorse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Smile Thanks!

Thanks Igorsk! I think I'll use the libprs500 route when I officially "get" the gift. Until Then, I'll port the downloads to SD or Pro Duo, since I've got plenty of them...
bearhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert