Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
IOError - No such file or directory

After upgrading to 0.7.27 i'm sometimes getting a strange error when trying to open a book in ePub format. After adding there's no cover shown as usual for this periodical. When trying to open ePub format i'm getting "(2, No such file or directory).

Traceback shows :

ERROR: Konnte eBook nicht öffnen: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 61, in run
File "threading.py", line 477, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 192, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 216, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\epub\input.py", line 138, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1051, in extractall
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1039, in extract
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1091, in _extract_member
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c__dokume~1_wolfgang_lokale~1_temp_calibre_0.7.27 _tmp_qpw_ly_calibre_0.7.27_pyskrm_ebook_iter_OEBPS _verachtet_eure_generation_unsere_generation_eigen tlich_genauso_wie_unsere_generation_die_vorangegan genen_generationen_verachtet_hat_fragt_rocko_scham oni_entertainer.xhtml'

When i look at c:\documents\...\OEBPS\ the mentioned file is indeed missing. Comparing the number of files with the number found when open the epub with a zipper program there are 27 files (the last 27 files) missing in the extracted temp directory.

Known problem ?
Is there a fix or do i need to downgrade ?

Thx.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
After upgrading to 0.7.27 i'm sometimes getting a strange error when trying to open a book in ePub format. After adding there's no cover shown as usual for this periodical. When trying to open ePub format i'm getting "(2, No such file or directory).

Traceback shows :

ERROR: Konnte eBook nicht öffnen: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 61, in run
File "threading.py", line 477, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 192, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 216, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\epub\input.py", line 138, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1051, in extractall
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1039, in extract
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1091, in _extract_member
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c__dokume~1_wolfgang_lokale~1_temp_calibre_0.7.27 _tmp_qpw_ly_calibre_0.7.27_pyskrm_ebook_iter_OEBPS _verachtet_eure_generation_unsere_generation_eigen tlich_genauso_wie_unsere_generation_die_vorangegan genen_generationen_verachtet_hat_fragt_rocko_scham oni_entertainer.xhtml'

When i look at c:\documents\...\OEBPS\ the mentioned file is indeed missing. Comparing the number of files with the number found when open the epub with a zipper program there are 27 files (the last 27 files) missing in the extracted temp directory.

Known problem ?
Is there a fix or do i need to downgrade ?

Thx.

can you extract those files with a zipper program maybe the epub file is corrupted so the files are not extracting.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

thx, but i extracted the files and can even read the file in question.
It seems the ePub file itself is ok.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is most likely caused by the epub file using non ascii characters in the zipfile and not specifying the character encoding for them. calibre tires to guess in this case, it sometimes guesses wrong.

Hard to say more without looking at the file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard

I'm not allowed to upload the periodical but i can post the list of file names of the unzipped epub if this helps.
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
SkyDream
Wizard

Ok, tried to open the epub with Sigil and got a similiar error.
Going to ask the publisher for a better version of the epub.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
SkyDream
Wizard

The ePub in question contains a file with a very long file name (169 chars).
This seems to be the problem. I renamed the file and all references, created a new ePub and it worked.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I had yesterday the same error. Funny enough, on another computer (older version of Calibre is installed there) it is working as always. don't know whether the problem is now related to Calibre or something on my computer?
warp is offline   Reply With Quote