Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
B&N Ebooks on Libre

Is it possible to read B&N eBooks on the Libre? I'm confused as to whether their books are eReader format (old Palm format), or DRM ePub. And then, I'm confused as to whether their form of ePub is non-standard and will or will not work on the Libre. Thanks for any help.

They tend to be a couple of dollars cheaper than Sony/Kobo.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I know that you can read B&N eBooks on jetBook-Lite (it has support for eReader PDB format) but I'm not sure aboyt Libre.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
The DRM ones are eReader format. You won't be able to read them on your Libre, unless you remove the DRM first so that Calibre can convert them.

Some of their books come without DRM, so you can punch those right into Calibre for conversion, but there's no way to know for sure before a purchase whether or not it has DRM. (One way to maybe tell is to check the same book at Fictionwise. It seems the DRM-free books at Fictionwise are the same ones B&N has DRM-free, but you can't be certain of that pre-purchase.)
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
That is a peculiar way to do business - not informing the buyer of the format. Very odd indeed.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I thought so lol. They advertise that everything is DRM, but when you buy them you find out some aren't. The format is all the same (eReader), but only some are DRM'd.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
dsbruce
dsbruce began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I know that you can read B&N eBooks on jetBook-Lite (it has support for eReader PDB format) but I'm not sure aboyt Libre.
Does this mean I can purchase any ebook on the B+N website and read it on my Jetbook Lite? Is the .pdb file in an ePub format?
dsbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbruce View Post
Does this mean I can purchase any ebook on the B+N website and read it on my Jetbook Lite? Is the .pdb file in an ePub format?
jetBook Lite supports Secure ereader .pdb files - requires that you type in your name and credit card number used for the purchase. But you only have to do this once and it applies that info to all other books in that format (if you used the same credit card for each purchase). B&N owns fictionwise.com so you can also get ereader format there. So far I am very pleased with how the format looks on my JBL!
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote