Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #151
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
It's linked in the first post of the List Thread, so if it does get buried it is easy to find.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #152
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Nah, there's too many stickied threads in the subforums for me already. This one should have enough traffic not to be buried.
Agreed. Plus we get notifications on the User CP when updated...
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #153
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This thread still should be to be stickied.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have a look at my list in the list thread. I've put in cover images and links to the GoodReads entries. It's quite nice.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...76#post1882476
Old 01-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #155
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Nice. Last year I noticed that I couldn't have more than 30 images in a post (which included smilies) so you might have problems later in the year. I just list the books, but give a link to the goodreads list I have as well if anyone is really interested in one of the books.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #156
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I've finished Storm Front, updated my list thread, and will spend the rest of my reading time this week trying to catch up on the Iliad group read!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #157
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Just finished Black Rain, so now it's on to my first eBook library loan, Viper by Michael Morley.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #158
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Nice. Last year I noticed that I couldn't have more than 30 images in a post (which included smilies) so you might have problems later in the year. I just list the books, but give a link to the goodreads list I have as well if anyone is really interested in one of the books.
If I have a problem with the number of images, I'll just have to figure out what I want to do from there.

Anyway, glad you like it so far. I thought it was different to show the covers.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #159
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm happy to see that members are starting to update their list threads.

Happy Reading Everyone!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #160
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, I'm doing OK on the reading part of the challenge -- Just finished a Josephine Tey from the library here. But while I finished one, I bought several more (all short stories, but they add up), and downloaded 3 Deryni books when my hold came up on them at the Library. I really need to slow down on the acquisition side.
I tried rereading Deryni Rising (originally read it about 30? years ago). I got about 30 - 40 pages into it and it wasn't grabbing me like it did when I was in my 20s. Maybe I'll try again later this year. I have such fond memories of all the Deryni books...
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #161
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Due to recent events in the Bargains forum, I've had to increase the number of books in my Kindle Freebies Decimation Challenge and add a Harlequin Decimation Challenge to this year's goals. I'm hopeless.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #162
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Due to recent events in the Bargains forum, I've had to increase the number of books in my Kindle Freebies Decimation Challenge and add a Harlequin Decimation Challenge to this year's goals. I'm hopeless.
lol!!
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm happy to see that members are starting to update their list threads.

Happy Reading Everyone!
I think I've done something unique by having the covers. But if there is a limit to how many I can have, can I use a second message to continue the list?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #164
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think I've done something unique by having the covers. But if there is a limit to how many I can have, can I use a second message to continue the list?
Sorry Jon, but its one post per person. I do like your cover idea, though.

I would suggest that if space becomes an issue, you only keep/include the covers of your "five star" or "favorite" reads.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #165
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Sorry Jon, but its one post per person. I do like your cover idea, though.

I would suggest that if space becomes an issue, you only keep/include the covers of your "five star" or "favorite" reads.
I suppose I could start a new thread and post a link to the new message.