Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
mobileringz
mobileringz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch endless restart loop

I tried to update my Kindle Touch from firmware 5.1.0 or 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 by downloading the update file, transferring it via USB and then following the instructions on the Amazon update support page. I believe there was an error during the update loading and the Kindle Touch then restarted itself. It has been stuck in an endless restart loop since then and is not responding to anything. I've tried letting the battery drain and then charging it a few times, but this has made no difference.

Is there any way to fix this problem?
mobileringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes. Follow the instructions in the sticky debricking guide.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes. Follow the instructions in the sticky debricking guide.
I am trying to analyze the thought process involved here...

Quote:
Oh, really? You must mean the "Kindle Touch endless restart loop" repair guide, right? Who knows what "debricking" might mean anyway? Those devs ought to rename their silly useless threads something useful, that applies directly to my exactly specific problem. If I wanted to "debrick" it, I would not have gone to all the fuss and bother of starting a new thread! How was I supposed to know that I should look in a "debricking sticky"?

SCNR, and it just gets harder to resist each time this happens...

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to geekmaster again."

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to geekmaster again."

I got that last time I tried to give it to you. If you want to give me some, you need to give some to others first. But if you give too much too quickly you get another warning "you gave too much karma in the last 24 hrs, please wait"...

I hope to go over 6 million karma before I hit post number 5 thousand... Thanks for the thought, and don't forget to spread some around so you can get back to me.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert