Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
blanketfighter
blanketfighter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle DX Firmware needed:

Edit: anyone have the basic firmware files for the kindle DX they could link me to or send me? If so, please do via a private message.

thanks.

Would one of these work for getting serial access? I have a DX running Demo mode and will be attacking the task shortly, if not one of these a link to what you would recommend would be rad.

thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_5908wt_888

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-PL2303-...item1c2f6271aa

Last edited by blanketfighter; 01-28-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: more information needed:
blanketfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Probably NOT!
The Kindle DX needs - as fare as you can read all over the forum - a 1.8V USB-TTL-Adapter. All your links are 5V adapters, so you might destroy the serial port. However there was at least one person that was lucky with 5V adapters several times, but if you try it and you are unlucky, you trashed a nice Kindle DX. Personally, I was just in the same situation and spend $30 (including shipping) for a 1.8V USB-TTL adapter. It is 10 time as expansive but at the current price for Demo Units of the DX, I prefer to spend a little extra money and play it save.
TTL-232RG-VREG1V8-WE should (hopefully (is on the way to my place)) work.
Good luck!
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
blanketfighter

Thanks for your advice!

where did you pick up your interface? I'm looking on ebay and the only ones I can find are either 3.3 or 5.5?

Last edited by blanketfighter; 01-25-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketfighter View Post
Thanks for your advice!

where did you pick up your interface? I'm looking on ebay and the only ones I can find are either 3.3 or 5.5?
Just google the part number:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...252bb/GLoFR6IZ

http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cab...BTTLSerial.htm

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...070-ND/2441359

And our Master Index has the teardowns and details of serial port connection for all models.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
blanketfighter

Thanks KNC1, is there a step by step list somewhere on the DX debricking process?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketfighter View Post
Thanks KNC1, is there a step by step list somewhere on the DX debricking process?
Keep good notes.
There is more than one member waiting to hear how to debrick a DX step-by-step.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
blanketfighter

further requests,