Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
SD Card Problems with 1.9.11

The latest firmware update is causing some to have problems with their SD cards.

Problems include being kicked back to the home screen after a page turn or complete failure to read from the SD card.

A factory reset does not seem to help completely (or at all).

What issues are you seeing and what workarounds have you found for this annoying issue?
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
I am running 1.9.11 and have encountered annoying problems with books loaded on the mircoSd Card.

Yesterday I loaded a book on the card and discovered that a couple of things happen with the update which didn't happen before.

Occasionally the book will close when you turn the page kicking you back to the home screen. Usually there is no bookmark for where you have been.

In fact most of the time when you get kicked back to the home screen the sd card will no longer be mounted. No books from the sd card will be available if you search for the books. To solve the problem simply pop out the sd card and reinsert it. That allows you to see the books on the card, and open your books again with bookmark intact, but does not prevent the whole thing from happening again.

Very annoying.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert