Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #136
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Updated KT to 2.6.1, edited .ini file to reflect this.

Unfortunately no joy with plug-in. It doesn't work, at least for me.

V
no, disaster! Does your KT also have the new home screen?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #137
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The new home screen is only on the Glo and Aura; Minis and Touchs stay as they were.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #138
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The new home screen is only on the Glo and Aura; Minis and Touchs stay as they were.
then it is even more disappointing that the Tweaks no longer work
Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #139
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember it's the same code base for all units (the N905C Touch, Glo, Min and Aura share the same download), so more than likely some of tricks used by the tweaks to intercept will need to be revised.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #140
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember it's the same code base for all units (the N905C Touch, Glo, Min and Aura share the same download), so more than likely some of tricks used by the tweaks to intercept will need to be revised.
I very much hope you code geeks can fix it, it is such a great hack!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #141
Kindleline
Kindleline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
please excuse my english, but i try my best
is there a possibility for a chapter progressbar?

thanks for your answer
Kindleline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #142
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Meanwhile, the Fw. 2.6.1 arrived in Germany. Is there anybody who could report that the tweaks plugin works with it, or how to make it work?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #143
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Leonatus,
cf. this and this.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #144
JonnyXDA
Android Developer
JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Glo
I tried compiling this with a development environment built using the new toolchain from 2.6.x firmwares, it compiled fine but the new lib doesn't work.

I guess some of the src files need adjusting for the new firmware, unfortunately I probably won't be able to do this as I know barely any C++. I create apps for Android which are coded in Java so I've never really needed to use C++ before...
JonnyXDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #145
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyXDA View Post
I tried compiling this with a development environment built using the new toolchain from 2.6.x firmwares, it compiled fine but the new lib doesn't work.
Could this be related to the new Home screen and the Tweaks' integration into the menu? If so. there might be a chance that your compilation works for Touch and Mini.

Last edited by tshering; 07-02-2013 at 03:47 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #146
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyXDA View Post

I guess some of the src files need adjusting for the new firmware, unfortunately I probably won't be able to do this as I know barely any C++. I create apps for Android which are coded in Java so I've never really needed to use C++ before...
thanks for trying!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #147
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
@JonnyXDA I'm trying to do this as well, but I'm stuck at compiling qt in order to have qmake. Could you outline the steps you took? If I succeed in compiling it I could be able to fix it for the new home layout.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #148
JonnyXDA
Android Developer
JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
@JonnyXDA I'm trying to do this as well, but I'm stuck at compiling qt in order to have qmake. Could you outline the steps you took? If I succeed in compiling it I could be able to fix it for the new home layout.
Which Qt are you using? 4.6.2 or 4.8.0?

I first tried with 4.6.2 and qmake compiles fine without any modification but I had to make an edit to the qt.sh script to get 4.8.0 to compile.

On the ./configure line in qt.sh remove -qt-gif and then it should compile fine, for some reason the command switch must have been edited/removed in 4.8.0 - took me 3 days to figure out why it wasn't compiling lol.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #149
stefjan
stefjan is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo glo
@JonnyXDA and @giorgio130

Maybe you already know, but i wasted some time on it myself, so i want to share it with you in case it might speed up things: one of the things you might want to check is the QT_BUILD_KEY. I tried to compile something myself using the plugin interface as shown in the examples on github - kobolabs and what blocked me was the fact that QT only loads libraries via the plugin interface provided the QT_BUILD_KEY present in your .so matches the one present in the QT libraries on your kobo.

After building qt 4.8.0 (the one from github - kobolabs) including the patches present there, i manually modified the key in these files:

include/QtCore/qconfig.h
include/Qt/qconfig.h

Code:
// #define QT_BUILD_KEY "arm linux g++-4 no-pkg-config QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR QT_NO_QWS_QPF2"
#define QT_BUILD_KEY "arm qws/linux kobo-g++ no-pkg-config QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR QT_NO_QWS_QPF2"
without the change my .so was not picked up. Since Tweaks also relies on the plugin interface you might have to do something similar (i think)
stefjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #150
JonnyXDA
Android Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefjan View Post
@JonnyXDA and @giorgio130

Maybe you already know, but i wasted some time on it myself, so i want to share it with you in case it might speed up things: one of the things you might want to check is the QT_BUILD_KEY. I tried to compile something myself using the plugin interface as shown in the examples on github - kobolabs and what blocked me was the fact that QT only loads libraries via the plugin interface provided the QT_BUILD_KEY present in your .so matches the one present in the QT libraries on your kobo.

After building qt 4.8.0 (the one from github - kobolabs) including the patches present there, i manually modified the key in these files:

include/QtCore/qconfig.h
include/Qt/qconfig.h

Code:
// #define QT_BUILD_KEY "arm linux g++-4 no-pkg-config QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR QT_NO_QWS_QPF2"
#define QT_BUILD_KEY "arm qws/linux kobo-g++ no-pkg-config QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR QT_NO_QWS_QPF2"
without the change my .so was not picked up. Since Tweaks also relies on the plugin interface you might have to do something similar (i think)
Did you have to make any changes to get Qt 4.8.0 to compile? I switched to a dual boot on my main PC because the VM I was running ubuntu in previously was just too slow and since then, I am having problems getting Qt 4.8.0 to compile - even when using the change posted 2 posts up, 4.6.2 compiles fine though