Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-01-2016, 06:36 AM   #1
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch, LG G Pad. Asus 7.0
Question Calibre Book Details now blank.

Opened Calibre today and discovered all the books details (story review etc) are now blank.
For every book
How can I get them back?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	149090  
polli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by polli View Post
Opened Calibre today and discovered all the books details (story review etc) are now blank.
For every book
How can I get them back?
@polli - is Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details->Comments checked ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #3
Rob1706
Rob1706 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-t2, iPad Mini
Have same issue, comments are checked but not shown. If I go to Metadata for 1 book I see all the info.
In help function Calibre following text is mentioned:
The Book Details display shows the cover and all the metadata for the currently selected book. It can be hidden via the button in the lower right corner of the main calibre window. The author names shown in the Book Detail panel are clickable, they will by default take you to the Wikipedia page for the author. This can be customized by right clicking on the author name and selecting Manage this author.

I do not see that button at all. Any suggestion will be apreciated.

While looking at some old answers I changed the User Default from wide to small and guess what? Details of book are now at the bottim of Calibre start page. This box is rather small and I would prefer to have book details as usual on right size.

Help please.

Last edited by Rob1706; 06-01-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Rob1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@polli - is Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details->Comments checked ?

BR
Thanks Betterread
It wasn't checked but is now!
So I can now see the detail.
Don't know how that could have happened as I never go into the Preferences.
Am a great believer in leaving well alone lol
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #5
Rob1706

Good for you Polli, not working for me. Maybe I remove Calibre at all and re-install.
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1706 View Post
Have same issue, comments are checked but not shown. If I go to Metadata for 1 book I see all the info.
In help function Calibre following text is mentioned:
The Book Details display shows the cover and all the metadata for the currently selected book. It can be hidden via the button in the lower right corner of the main calibre window. The author names shown in the Book Detail panel are clickable, they will by default take you to the Wikipedia page for the author. This can be customized by right clicking on the author name and selecting Manage this author.

I do not see that button at all. Any suggestion will be apreciated.

While looking at some old answers I changed the User Default from wide to small and guess what? Details of book are now at the bottim of Calibre start page. This box is rather small and I would prefer to have book details as usual on right size.

Help please.
@Rob1706 - the button is the brown book at bottom right, between the grid and 'Jobs'. You may have resized the sidebar to zero-width and it disappeared. Just change L&F setting back to Wide and click brown book (or Ctrl+Shift+d) and you should be fine.

BR
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
polli
Zealot

Quote:
Good for you Polli, not working for me. Maybe I remove Calibre at all and re-install.
Sorry to hear that. Did you restart your pc ?
Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #8
Rob1706

Thank you BetterRed, you just made my day.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Thank you BetterRed, you just made my day.
Good - two birds with one stone more or less

On second thoughts, you probably hit ctrl+shift+d inadvertently, its a toggle. Shrinking sidebars is not something one does accidentally - unless one is foxed of course

BR