Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
garbanzo
bean
garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Which format and where to buy?

I just ordered a Kobo Aura.

I'm assuming epub is the best format for this device?

Which major online retailers distribute their books in epub? Will books from Kobo be "more compatible" than books from other stores? (I'm OK with stripping DRM)

garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ePub is ePub. Doesn't matter if it comes from Kobo, B&N, Google, eBooks.com, etc.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Although I understand Kobo sells some books in a somewhat different format, called, I think Kepub.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The best format will be Kobo's homegrown mutant EPUBs (KEPUB) synced directly from their servers. Failing that, any old EPUB.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote