Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
larret
larret began at the beginning.

Device: M92
M92, any further development?

Hi everyone,

1) Last update was done on December last year. Can anyone tell if M92 is going to get any fixes anymore? Looks like M96 has all the attention. I was even thinking about buying one, but considering no further updates of M92, how could I know M96 will get any support once another model is on its way?

2) Booxtor, you confirmed years ago that Boox is going to implement Android and that M92 maybe could get Android version as well. Could you confirm if this is still the case? Are there any plans to release Android OS for M92 which would maybe fix other issues still exsiting with current device? I will take simple "no" as an answer as well. Just want to know.

Reg
Lrt
larret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by larret View Post
Hi everyone,

1) Last update was done on December last year. Can anyone tell if M92 is going to get any fixes anymore? Looks like M96 has all the attention. I was even thinking about buying one, but considering no further updates of M92, how could I know M96 will get any support once another model is on its way?

2) Booxtor, you confirmed years ago that Boox is going to implement Android and that M92 maybe could get Android version as well. Could you confirm if this is still the case? Are there any plans to release Android OS for M92 which would maybe fix other issues still exsiting with current device? I will take simple "no" as an answer as well. Just want to know.

Reg
Lrt
Forget it. And I predict in two years, when m98 gets introduced, support for m96 will be discontinued just as it happened with m90 and m92.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I was wondering the same and concluded that it's one unfortunate consequence of producs being made by far-east companies with good ideas but little manpower and professionalism (where this is not meant strictly derogatorily but in the sense of having no solid back-structure with customer care etc. like the large players have). If I were you, I'd be looking into Obuntu and invest some time in improving that
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #4
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
If I were you, I'd be looking into Obuntu and invest some time in improving that
It's a pity that seaniko7 is not improving, at least non publicly , his great job.
When he came out with Obuntu i was expecting from him to came out with a website, an improved installer, support for new hardware like m96...
An os can't stay with just 'one thread in a forum'.
Maybe he's been hired by Onyx and is now working at m98
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:09 AM   #5
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's a pity that seaniko7 is not improving, at least non publicly , his great job.
I don't see why he should. Anyone is as entitled to imrpove Obuntu as seaniko7. If I had time for that, I'd do it myself. I don't have.
Advert
Old 11-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #6
geoek
Enthusiast
geoek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
If other users are interested in working on Obontu, i can try to help. Hard for me to develop in linux environment, but i can try to work on a light website to show the installation and the use of obuntu.
geoek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoek View Post
If other users are interested in working on Obontu, i can try to help. Hard for me to develop in linux environment, but i can try to work on a light website to show the installation and the use of obuntu.
That's really a great offer! I'm not really involved so I can't comment on this, but perhaps you could ask seaniko7 whether he is planning any activity!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #8
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
I was wondering the same and concluded that it's one unfortunate consequence of producs being made by far-east companies with good ideas but little manpower and professionalism
Well, I bought a product from a well respected (at the time) western company called Motorola and they showed their middle finger to their customers including me.

I agree, though, that it would be nice if Onyx stopped messing about and just said in straight terms how long the devices are going to be actively supported and the dates they enter end of service life.

Your best bet in my opinion would be to sell your M92 and upgrade to M96, which is a pretty solid device, or whatever comes next.

----

Report bugs on Boox M96 Wishlist page

Last edited by machinogodzilla; 11-07-2014 at 06:19 AM.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote