Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
cool2sathish
cool2sathish began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Touch not supported Tamil language

All,

I have recently purchased Kindle touch. I'm trying to read Tamil PDF ebooks,after convering pdf to .mob format using converter tool ebook not showing tamil fonts. I copied into my kindle format is not supporting.

Please help me on this how to hack and how to install tamil fonts on my kindle touch.
cool2sathish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
There is not a jailbreak yet.

Try http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
cool2sathish

All,

I wanted to read some books on my local language(Tamil) using Kindle Touch and realize I need a font hack. I followed this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116098

Jailbroken the Kindle, but couldn't find relevant files to install fonts and arrived here.

Any help would be deeply appreciated, Thx
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You don't need any font hack. All you need is a properly formatted ebook in UTF-8. See this post and the 5 or so follow-ups.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
cool2sathish

ixtab,

Converted formatted ebook in to UTF-8, but still it's showing Unicode letters.

Please help me to fix this issue.
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hmmm... first off, UTF-8 *is* Unicode (well, it's the de-facto standard encoding for Unicode, that is).

Second, I can't really help you if you don't give more details on what exactly you did, and what exactly went wrong. All I know is that if a file is properly encoded as UTF-8, the Kindle displays it correctly.

Maybe it's best to contact desirumguy directly to ask how he did it...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
cool2sathish

I have converted pdf file into .mob format using this site http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-mobi.

when converting .mobi selected o/p format UTF-8, after converting pasted into my KT.

not showing the original tamil text.