Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Sony Firmware PRS350

I dunno. Maybe it is me.. but things are funny how Sony in about a year's time will release a new model. BUT hold on? what about the "current" model?

There is still room for improvement? How about investing some R&D to your current customer base?

I would love to see some improvements to the current firmware.
Features I would love to see:
1. press info button and see metadata about the book, and its cover.
2. Option to rotate book covers for screen savers?

Anything else?
I have owned the 600 and now the 350.. though the 600 was good it suffered the glare so the 350 is faster and smaller but way better screen.. the UI needs some improvements ...

I guess all the Sony Staff is focused on the next big thing.. what about the current installed customer base?

tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
tvuongpham

As I would love to see a new-firmware-update from Sony for my 505 and 650, it seems that we are at our own.
Check with the PRS+ project. (sticky thread in the Sony-Dev-Subforum)
AFAIK BookCovers as screensaver / standby-Images arn't possible with the standard firmware, but are introduced back to the 300/505 models by PRS+
(Ok we don't rotate them in landscape-mode, because there is actually no function to rotate a bitmap in a acceptable amount of time)

Just my 2 cents
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
And except WiFi I would suppose a 650 or 350 WITH PRS+ is at least as usable than the new T1 without.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote