Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
matthewcplourde
Enthusiast
matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Ode to my iPad

I used it for the first time to write on a plane... *much* better than before... anyway, it's all in good fun:

http://matthewcplourde.wordpress.com...de-to-my-ipad/
matthewcplourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
It is a rare poem indeed that manages to both effectively use the term "douchebag" and find a rhyme for "rat-dick-meats." Ginsberg never managed it. Nor did Keats.

Next up, Owed on my iPad, where your morn your credit card statement?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcplourde View Post
I used it for the first time to write on a plane... *much* better than before... anyway, it's all in good fun:

http://matthewcplourde.wordpress.com...de-to-my-ipad/

You made my morning, thanks!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Its brilliant to use when travelling my grandchildren who are toddlers were playing with it . I was reading on it .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
matthewcplourde
Enthusiast
matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.matthewcplourde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post

You made my morning, thanks!
My pleasure
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
love the poem. love the iPad. Most of my blog was written using an iPhone and more recently an iPad, Brilliant device for both authors and readers alike.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
icaria
icaria began at the beginning.

Device: none

icaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
you got Italians in this work so to be fair you should work "Surrender Monkeys" and their affection for stinky cheese in your next work.

Last edited by brecklundin; 10-01-2010 at 02:09 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
matthewcplourde
Enthusiast

"surrender monkeys" - I like that!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
It is a rare poem indeed that manages to both effectively use the term "douchebag" and find a rhyme for "rat-dick-meats." Ginsberg never managed it. Nor did Keats.

Next up, Owed on my iPad, where your morn your credit card statement?

Love the poem btw Michael!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
The first comment at your blog made me chuckle, channeling the Emperor ("Strike me down...").
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcplourde View Post
"surrender monkeys" - I like that!
hahaha....wish I could take credit for it but the first time I ran across the phrase was from Anthony Bourdain. I am not certain if it was in his first book about the restaurant industry, Kitchen Confidential, or his second, Medium Raw but I kinda laughed because of the unashamed and endearing fashion he wields the phrase.

BTW, if you enjoy his No Reservations show, and I really like it because it's about embracing different cultures but via food and not fancy stuff but humble & simple food all over the globe. He has a way about him which brings out the significance of something as simple as a street vendor selling tacos in Mexico or the open food streets in Asia, just anywhere.

I highly recommend both book, perhaps the first over the second he seems to be a kinder gentler version of himself. But there is still the quick wit...and I think what really and truly changed how he sees the world was when doing an episode of the show he and his staff were caught in an attack on Beirut...funny how watching innocent people get bomb back into the stone age from the roof top of a luxury hotel can open your eyes to the hypocrisy of the world as well as it's arbitrary nature.

Of course in other epsiodes he almost killed himself on an ATV in, as I recall, New Zealand and then there was the epsiode in, heck I forget somewhere in the souther part of Africa, but he was granted the honor of being given the anus of a freshly killed boar that had been squzzed "empty" then cooked in the ashy coals...one of the few times he really threw up on the show. But he earned my respect because he understood the honor these people were giving him...or maybe these bushmen were just screwing with this crazy white guy!! hahahaha...

I love his writing style, his mystery novels are a lot of fun and many are out in ebook format on Amazon for sure other places I dunno. Bone in the Throat is a kick, nothing fancy but fun. I even went ahead and used some of my Audible credits to get the audiobook versions of the two food books (he does have others but these were my favs) Kitchen Confidential and Medium Raw.

Anyway, glad you took what could be considered a slam against a people in the fun spirit it was intended...if we can't laugh at each other we sure as hell aren't gonna laugh at yourself because, well that would just be rude!!

But after reading the term Surrender Monkey I almost wanted to be one...oh, my WWII D-Day vet neighbor did confirm this was indeed a term used at the time, and apparently was one of the more benign terms....yikes!!

Love your humor please keep sharing it!!

Last edited by brecklundin; 10-06-2010 at 08:18 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
matthewcplourde
Enthusiast

I'm a big fan of A. Bourdain... my wife was watching his shows before we went to Vietnam to adopt our son, and we tried to find some of the places where he visited.

He is a freakin' wordsmith and I hold his work in high regard