Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Cover link in ToC not working

For epub --> old mobi conversions.

Previously, Calibre would identify the cover page by the reference in the <guide> section and relocate this for compatibility purposes during conversion.

If a link to the cover page existed in the inline/HTML/Content TOC, then that link would be redirected to the new cover location so that the link would still work.

Something has changed so that now the cover link no longer works.

Using Calibre 1.19 on Windows 8 64bit.
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot link to covers in MOBI files. That is a limitation of the MOBI format and has always been the case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #3
Jeff L
Zealot
Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I understand the mobi limitation. But I have many old mobi's converted by Calibre where a new cover page has been made at the back of the book and the cover link in the TOC has been pointed to that.

I just checked a mobi that was made by Calibre ver 0.8.55 where that happens.

I'm not sure what all Calibre does behind the scenes, but I understood that it used the <guide> reference for some reason.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Yes, I understand the mobi limitation. But I have many old mobi's converted by Calibre where a new cover page has been made at the back of the book and the cover link in the TOC has been pointed to that.

I just checked a mobi that was made by Calibre ver 0.8.55 where that happens.

I'm not sure what all Calibre does behind the scenes, but I understood that it used the <guide> reference for some reason.
If it's at the back of the book, it's not the Cover, it is just an image page that is the same as the abstract concept of the cover. You can create a link just like you link to chapters.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #5
Jeff L
Zealot

The cover image at the back of the book did not exist in the source epub.

I could as a workaround create such a duplicate but my experience has been that this alternate cover always showed up on its own (provided it was referenced in the <guide> section). At least it used to. It stop working some time back. Not sure exactly when.
Advert
Old 01-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know calibre never auto-generated cover pages for MOBI.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #7
Jeff L
Zealot

OK, thanks. No disaster. I'll just delete the links.