Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #121
KevinNash
KevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Sorry to ask, I didn't see the question before :

How to remove the patch ?
KevinNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #122
evanft
Zealot
evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I can't believe I just discovered this patch.

This is absolutely amazing. This takes the the Aura to a whole new level.
evanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #123
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNash View Post
Sorry to ask, I didn't see the question before :

How to remove the patch ?
You can either reinstall the full firmware or re-build the patch with all options turned off and re-apply it.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:03 AM   #124
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuecking View Post
I mainly read kepubs, so I went back to release 2.6.1 and applied the patch. Version 2 of the patch had footer values of 50, 50, 20. I changed it to 60, 60, 20, which is half of Kobo's original value. Both values result in the same footer and number of lines per page wth my settings . So I am ok now. I also avoid the 2.8.1 bug with my kepubs showing a blank page. I have a workaround, but 2.6.1 works better in this aspect, too.

Joachim
sorry about my dumb question, but how did you change these values? i am interresting in increasing the footer a bit, so I can see the number of pages, but not like the default sizes, and decreasing the header, and the fonts accordingly.
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #125
KevinNash
KevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
You can either reinstall the full firmware or re-build the patch with all options turned off and re-apply it.
Thank you for the tip
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #126
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
sorry about my dumb question, but how did you change these values? i am interresting in increasing the footer a bit, so I can see the number of pages, but not like the default sizes, and decreasing the header, and the fonts accordingly.
In 2.6.1 the values for the footer were in uncompressed CSS, so it was easy to change to your liking. In 2.8.1 the CSS is zlib-compressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNash View Post
Thank you for the tip
You're welcome!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #127
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Me too, but it is not obvious. The patch's author should know, but I do not speak Russian!
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #128
dmapr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Me too, but it is not obvious. The patch's author should know, but I do not speak Russian!
A new version of the patch has been posted, allowing once again editing of footer values in CSS.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #129
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
Quote:
A new version of the patch has been posted, allowing once again editing of footer values in CSS.
where? is still v.04 on that download page
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #130
KevinNash

Quote:
where? is still v.04 on that download page
Here you go http://rghost.net/48099445
Old 08-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #131
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thanks for keeping us posted

I tried the new footer customisation option to reduce the footers down to about half-size on both my Aura and Glo on fw2.8.1. It appears to work very well
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #132
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I played with it since the defaults set a page number that was half off the screen and so small that what I could see was unreadable. After playing a bit, I found 60 for the min and max height and 10 for qproperty-footerMargin was about the best compromise for me basically losing 1 line at the bottom of the screen.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60_60_10.png
Views:	1181
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	109404  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #133
JLuecking
JLuecking began at the beginning.

I upgraded the Aura to 2.8.1 again and installed patch version 5 with my parameters and now it is perfect. I do not miss anything at all. For the footer I use values of 60/60/20. which is absolutely fine for me and gives me 31 lines like in version 2 of the patch.

Thanks alot Metazoa - would be an idea to donate.

Joachim
JLuecking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #134
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I played with it since the defaults set a page number that was half off the screen and so small that what I could see was unreadable. After playing a bit, I found 60 for the min and max height and 10 for qproperty-footerMargin was about the best compromise for me basically losing 1 line at the bottom of the screen.

Regards,
David
Perfect! Thanks for the posting your settings and the excellent screenshot. The tiny page number was my last concern.

I guess I wouldn't mind adding a percentage to show book position, i.e, 63 of 564 (11%), but fixing the margins is much more significant. Once my Aura finally arrives I'll be applying this patch.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #135
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thanks very much for this patch, and to DNSB for the screenshot. Worked great after I figured out which numbers to change for the footer. It would be good to have info and updates regarding this patch in it's own thread.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote