Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #361
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcalder View Post
My red one has been peeling but only the top, rubberized, layer was coming off so I was just going to live with it. Unfortunately, the underlayer of paint is now beginning to come off as well. The cheap-looking white plastic beneath is now showing through in one place and I'm sure that the paint job is only going to continue to deteriorate. ...
Oh No! That's terrible!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #362
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Musicman Refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
My black one was perfect, but now it just started peeling.

I am leaning toward asking for a refund....

Attachment 37945
Dear Musicman:

Thank you for your post! This is the first and hopefully only report of any problem with the black. If you wish a refund... no problem. We stand by what we sell and we deal pleasantly always. I am personally sorry, my friend!

We are already talking nightly with the factory to ensure things are rectified immediately and there are no more problems with the finish. They are talking with the plastic company to ensure no further problems.

Sure, I hope you will elect not to go with the refund... but I also do not blame you in the least if you do.

Everyone here is aware of your post and your fine picture. It caught our attention right away and the aim is two-fold:

1. To make you happy.
2. To put a definite stop to the problem on an otherwise excellent device.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #363
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Any chance on offering the shell for sale? Perhaps the next reader should have changable covers.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #364
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Musicman:

Thank you for your post! This is the first and hopefully only report of any problem with the black. If you wish a refund... no problem. We stand by what we sell and we deal pleasantly always. I am personally sorry, my friend!

We are already talking nightly with the factory to ensure things are rectified immediately and there are no more problems with the finish. They are talking with the plastic company to ensure no further problems.

Sure, I hope you will elect not to go with the refund... but I also do not blame you in the least if you do.

Everyone here is aware of your post and your fine picture. It caught our attention right away and the aim is two-fold:

1. To make you happy.
2. To put a definite stop to the problem on an otherwise excellent device.
I think the problem stems more from the rubberized coating then the plastic.

The 6" EZ-Reader does not have these issues.

I do not blame Astak for the problem. Astak has been very responsive and accomodating with my first exchange and refund request.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #365
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Oh No! That's terrible!

Yep. is right.

Here's three photos:

an area that just has the "normal" peeling (so far!),

the area that's peeling right down to the white plastic,

and the latest problem - the case clip that simply fell off in my hand when I put the device back in the case after the (most recent) hard reset required by the (most recent) HTML file freezing incident.

I am not amused. I've just redeemed my Air Miles for a Sony Pocket Reader (am I daring the power of "it can't be any worse" here?) and I'll be contacting Astak for an RMA. I haven't quite decided whether to try my luck with a replacement unit or try for a refund on the Pocket Pro.

Last edited by dcalder; 10-27-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Fix photo links.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #366
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You attachments aren't working...
Old 10-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #367
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You attachments aren't working...
Yes, I noticed. I created an album and uploaded the pictures then edited the post to link them from there instead.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #368
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcalder View Post
Yes, I noticed. I created an album and uploaded the pictures then edited the post to link them from there instead.
I liked it better when I could not see that white peeking through.
At least the Blue ones stay blue when they molt .
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #369
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I liked it better when I could not see that white peeking through.
At least the Blue ones stay blue when they molt .

Yes! What a nightmare!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #370
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
I've had the rubberized coating on the page advance button come off on both my original Pocket Pro, and the replacement I got when the first one locked up.

It took about 1 1/2 weeks in both cases, and doesn't seem to have spread any further. Given that for me that's probably the most used button, I'm not surprised, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this yet?
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #371
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
I've had the rubberized coating on the page advance button come off on both my original Pocket Pro, and the replacement I got when the first one locked up.

It took about 1 1/2 weeks in both cases, and doesn't seem to have spread any further. Given that for me that's probably the most used button, I'm not surprised, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this yet?
I have already worn the Arrow off the Left edge page turn button.
Every button has peeled except the Menu, Return buttons.
Go figure? I Use them as frequently as some of the digit buttons.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #372
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have already worn the Arrow off the Left edge page turn button.
Every button has peeled except the Menu, Return buttons.
Go figure? I Use them as frequently as some of the digit buttons.
I wonder if it has to do with the concave vs. convex shape, or possibly the larger surface area.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #373
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
I wonder if it has to do with the concave vs. convex shape, or possibly the larger surface area.
I think the Concave surface is less expansion/contraction stress on the (poor) adhesion of the rubbery coating.
The plastic is very smooth which is not a proper surface preparation for painting.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #374
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I've had a purple PP for a little over two weeks now and it's fine *knocks on wood* including a week of dragging it around when I had the flu. The only damage at all is on the cover where a knitting needle stabbed the leather in my bag. I'm on my fourth book so far on it.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:48 AM   #375
angurs
angurs began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Anyone heard of DecalGirl (www.decalgirl.com)? I asked if they sell skins for PP and I got a reply this morning,

"Our development team will research this device. If the Hanlin V5 ereader is something that looks feasible, it should be up on our site in approximately 3-4 weeks."

They already sell skins for Kindle and Sony. If my PP starts peeling, I'm getting a couple them..
angurs is offline   Reply With Quote