Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
Parental Controls and 1-Click Disabled Now on Fire!

I may have missed it being discussed here (and if so, I apologize), but I was just able to secure both the regular Amazon store app on my Kindle Fire as well as the Amazon Android Marketplace to prevent my kiddos from buying things when they are playing with it. (Has the Android marketplace always had parental controls or is it a new thing?)

For the store portion, I followed these instructions:
http://fireapps.blogspot.com/2011/12...hases-and.html

Then, I went into the App Store while on my KF and hit the menu button, then Settings, and set up the Parental Controls and disabled in-app purchasing.

The good news is that the app store settings were universal and I was able to do it on my phone as well. Which I assume means I'll also be able to do it on the Coby Android tablets I got my boys for Christmas.

Looks like one of the big complaints has been resolved as far as I can tell.
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Will have to check it out again. The other day I set up the Apps store to require a PIN to purchase and I was still able to purchase without entering anything.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Huh? My 1-Click settings page still looks the exact same on Amazon, I don't see anything for Mobile. Am I missing something or maybe it wasn't working properly so they already removed it?

Edit: Ok, nevermind. The setting showed up right when I opened the Amazon app. It just doesn't show up when you visit the regular site through your browser. I'm also not sure if it even works, as the app store purchases still appear the same on the Fire but I only tested with a free app.

Last edited by Ticallion; 12-16-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote