Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Cover view?

Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched but I couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to browse books by cover in Calibre? Either through native functionality or a plugin?

The book browser view is interesting, but I am looking more for a grid view of books covers.

John
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_es View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched but I couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to browse books by cover in Calibre? Either through native functionality or a plugin?

The book browser view is interesting, but I am looking more for a grid view of books covers.

John
The curved arrow button at the bottom
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
A grid view is on the roadmap as a desired option, but there is no indication of when it might become available.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It's been on the roadmap for a long, long time now...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
A grid view is on the roadmap as a desired option, but there is no indication of when it might become available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
It's been on the roadmap for a long, long time now...

And I keep begging, LOL.... where's that bended knee smiley when you need one??
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
oh............ i did not mean to open up a can of worms here...
glad to see others want this too then
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
You've done it now. Zygmurphy's Law of Revolving System Dynamics clearly states:
Quote:
Once you open a can of worms the only way to re-can them is to use a larger can.
I suggest you be more careful in the future or carry around a supply of very large cans.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You didn't and it's a valid request that many people ask for. It's just a low priority request for every person working on calibre. We all have things we find more important.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

LOL and here I thought it was a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

*grin*
Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
user_none

Indeed it can. But I'd rather not get myself covered in grease at the moment. It stains and I'm in my work cloths.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Indeed it can. But I'd rather not get myself covered in grease at the moment. It stains and I'm in my work cloths.
Well, me being the wheel (the squeaky one) and you being the grease ( the developer) you'd get to be the one throwing the grease at me and not get any on yourself at all!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 AM   #12
WebDevReader
WebDevReader began at the beginning.

Device: none
I too would love to see this feature (a grid view of books ie the ability to browse books in a 'thumbnail view'), the cover flow is very pretty but not so functional. Can't say I've ever used the cover flow on my iPhone, has little use for me.

Glad to hear it's in the pipeline, might consider contributing this functionality myself. Although I'm a Ruby developer, not python, any ideas on the learning curve here? =)

As it's my first post: thank you very much for an awesome application. was considering writing a simple ebook manager but this fits the bill perfectly. great work.
WebDevReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDevReader View Post

Glad to hear it's in the pipeline, might consider contributing this functionality myself. Although I'm a Ruby developer, not python, any ideas on the learning curve?
this feature has been in the pipeline, so if you have the skills to expedite it then I would say go-for-it.

The learn curve for Pearl should be quite small if you are already familiar in one of the modern high-level languages. Setting up a Calibre development environment is quite simple and is described here in the Calibre User Manual.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
As a work around I think html coder could code webpage that loads the server in the thumbnail view.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I would love to see a cover browser, sorta like:

SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote