Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #31
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Quote:
what part of NY are you in? Clinton County here..
Northwest side of the state here, Monroe County. Way too far away from "the City" to just drop in and have a library card validated.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #32
LoriGith
LoriGith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300, Nook, Nook Tablet, Sony 350
Woozers! I got a Washington DC library card and after only a short time figuring out how it worked, I downloaded 3 books to read before they shut my card down (I'm in the midwest, I'm sure I won't be getting to DC in the next 30 days.)

All this removing DRM, computer geek speak, blah, blah, pretty much goes over my head. BUT, this was easy, and they had 2 books off the bat that were on my to buy list. So that'll save me.

So I may have to consider the Philadelphia library card. But it sounds like the selection isn't as good. I think once I get a good library card, borrowing from the library will really make my reader be worthwhile.

I have a pink Sony personal reader, but am thinking about also getting the Nook. I kind of like it's bells and whistles.

Lori
LoriGith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGith View Post
So I may have to consider the Philadelphia library card. But it sounds like the selection isn't as good. I think once I get a good library card, borrowing from the library will really make my reader be worthwhile.
The selection is getting larger, they just added quite a few books in the past week. I just wish they'd go straight ePub (at least where possible). Whoever orders their ebooks seems to like PDF quite a bit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #34
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I still haven't heard anything about the application I sent in over 3 weeks ago. I guess it's time to email them and see if they've canceled the non-resident library card program like so many other libraries have done recently.

I can use my local library now, but the selection is really limited.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #35
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I still haven't heard anything about the application I sent in over 3 weeks ago. I guess it's time to email them and see if they've canceled the non-resident library card program like so many other libraries have done recently.

I can use my local library now, but the selection is really limited.
I called them today (12156865320) to check on my application that was mailed May 1st. Was told that just got that "batch" in and should be processed by the end of the day. So sounds like they are way behind but at least still accepting non-resident requests.
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #36
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Thanks bookmonster. I was going to look for a number today.

I certainly hope my application is in this batch. If not I'll have to assume my local post office lost it....as they're notorious for. Then it's back to square one.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #37
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Application of 4/28 approved

I have been out of the country but found my Philadelphia library card in my accumulated mail on my return today. My application was mailed on 4/28 and my card has an expiry date of 5/5/11 - can't tell when the card was received in the mail and I did NOT receive an e-mail with my number. Anyway, I am thrilled with my library membership and I have already made a huge wish list of ebooks that I will borrow over time. My favorite authors (mystery mostly) are well represented and while I find that way too many are PDF which I refuse to fight with on a small screen, there are enough epubs to keep me busy well into my second and third years of membership (if they continue the out-of-state deal). So to those of you waiting, your patience WILL be rewarded!
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #38
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Any word from those who inquired about out of country memberships?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Currently getting...

"We're sorry, but the specified library patron account information is not valid."

...anyone else able to log in?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #40
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I was not able to log in. Seems like a problem with their site.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #41
recce101
recce101 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony prs300
I noticed that too Sunday evening. That part of the site was down for maintenance a couple of hours, but I was able to login and download books later.
recce101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #42
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Any word from those who inquired about out of country memberships?
They say that it's OK, that I can ask for the card, but I haven't done it yet.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #43
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

I called last night to find out the status of the application I sent last month, and as my luck usually runs, their computer was down. But I see this morning that they cashed my check finally, so I expect to see the card in the mail by the end of this week. They don't seem to be sending out emails with your new card # in it, though.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #44
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
I'm also doing the happy dance!!!

They cashed my check yesterday.

Hopefully my card will be here when I get back from my trip next week.

Luckily I found a library in Tennessee that issues cards to residents within a 50 mile radius - even across state lines. I had to pick it up in person but that was doable, so I've had reading material while I waited.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #45
sbarndt
sbarndt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Just a note to all of you new electronic patrons. When you finish a book, please right click the book in the Sony software, and click 'Return Borrowed Item'. That way, the next person waiting in line will get the book before your 21 day loan period is up.
sbarndt is offline   Reply With Quote