Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Lexie111
Lexie111 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-reader 550
Deleting library on e-reader

Hi! Can anyone help? I got given Sony e-reader by work, that had previously belonged to someone else who'd left the company. There were already about 35 manuscripts on it. When I tried to delete these it wouldn't let me, as my library didn't have those books in it. However, the colleague who had left had already deleted her library, so I couldn't remove them via that.

Can anyone tell me how I can remove these books from the e-reader? I tried copying them over to my library and then deleting them from there, but after syncing they remained on the reader.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm at a complete loss.

Thanks so much for any help!
Lexie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Lexie and welcome to MobileRead!

You can delete the ebooks on the 505 itself, one by one. Choose the book you want to delete by pushing the number button on the right side of the reader next to the book. You should then get a menu for the book. Go down to the last option called 'Utilities' and push the button next to it. On the final menu is an option to delete the book. You will need to push the bookmark button to confirm it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
That seems odd - I'm able to browse to my Reader within the Sony software & have no problem deleting books that are on it, but that the Library software itself doesn't know about...

Maybe try disabling syncing (which needs the Reader connected) and see if that changes anything?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Page 69 of the PRS-505 User's Manual. Go to home menu, then Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Format Internal Memory --> hit MARK key. That deletes everything.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
The Sony also acts as a portable hard drive. So you can open it in Windows Explorer and do a mass delete there.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert