Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Talking Hello From the Tree Tops

Hello names Marc but I am known as The Skwerl or Skwerl. I am new to the Gemstar 1150 and hope to have no problems. I live in TN I'm a dad and married. I'm disabled with serious muscle and joint problems and use a wheelchair which is cool I tend to get the choise parking at places. I have a huge collection of ebooks and nothing to read them on. YET. Its coming soon >> HEHE.!!
Well I hope to meet plenty of you and hope to make a few friends.
Have fun and great Reading.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, Skwerl, welcome to MobileRead!

The Gemstar/Ebookwise/(half a dozen other names)1150 is a very well thought of device, especially for ergonomics. I've never used one myself, but a lot of folks around here do, and think very highly of them. I hope it does what you need/want it to.

You should check out the e-books section here at MR, too, we're starting to get some good uploads in .IMP format (I think that's the right one for the 1150?), all good Public Domain stuff, but the folks who put them together tend to do a solid job of it.

What part of TN are you in, BTW? I've just moved to the Jackson area a couple-three months ago. We have another MobileReader in Nashville, as well.

Glad you joined us!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
hey I live in Greeneville TN. Its about 5 and half hours from Nashville. I'm in upper NorthEast TN. I used to use a Sony Clie as a reader but about 2 months ago my son was taking it to me and dropped it breaking the motherboard. So I am going thru withdrawl not having a reader. LOL. So I'm hoping this will work out for me. How do you like it There in Jackson TN? Is it nice?
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ah, yes, Greenville, that is a ways. I have family friends in Maddisonville (over near Athens), so I'm somewhat familiar with that end of the state.

Jackson is nice, cooler and dryer (usually) than Houston was, and the pace of life is a definite improvement. Overall, we're pretty pleased with the change.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote