Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 AM   #76
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I think I need to write a thriller novel to get an even keel.

all for reading
Waiting for when / where I can download that!!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #77
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Waiting for when / where I can download that!!
Give me a deadline, say, 5 days and a title and I'll write you a thriller if you want one. I need something light and fluffy to take my mind off my own stuff I reckon.

Any takers?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 06:59 AM   #78
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Give me a deadline, say, 5 days and a title and I'll write you a thriller if you want one. I need something light and fluffy to take my mind off my own stuff I reckon.

Any takers?
Deadline: 6 days

Title: When the fat lady sings!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #79
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post

Okay, I'm challenged.

When the Fat Lady Sings - a Lance Fisher Thriller

55,000 words.

-------------

Here's the blurb:

When a famous Opera singer is found dead on the steps of the Sydney Opera house, private security consultant Lance Fisher is brought in to discover the killer. But can he uncover a killer with a an international cadre of jewel thieves hot on his trail and a feisty Australian policewoman hounding him at every turn?

----------

Good enough?

And... I'll do it in 5 days, not 6.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #80
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Okay, I'm challenged.

55,000 words.

-------------

Here's the blurb:

When a famous Opera singer is found dead on the steps of the Sydney Opera house, private security consultant Lance Fisher is brought in to discover the killer. But can he uncover a killer with a an international cadre of jewel thieves hot on his trail and a feisty Australian policewoman hounding him at every turn?

----------

Good enough?

Me likey! Now go write! :shoo:
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #81
Moejoe
Banned

Opening:

The problem with that old saying about the 'Fat lady singing' was that it didn't fit. It didn't fit Omera Fontaine. Not when she was alive. And not now she was dead.

Lance Fisher stepped up to the yellow line of tape and stopped.

Fontaine was sprawled out before the entrance to the Syndey Opera House like some strange avant-garde painting. Her legs were twisted. What was left of her face would have made Picasso look twice. She was thin. Reed thin. And dead. Oh so very dead.

Fisher turned away, fighting the bile that rose in his stomach. Wanting to shout and cry all at the same time.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #82
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow, a new hoppersville and a new thriller in progress ! great way to start the day, if you ask me. thanks moejoe !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 AM   #83
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow, a new hoppersville and a new thriller in progress ! great way to start the day, if you ask me. thanks moejoe !
I was bored, and I hate editing (that's one of the reasons I'm holding off on the Sam Luka stuff, it takes me ages to edit). The Hoppersville stuff is done up to story 8, so I'll be releasing them week by week.

Oh, and the first chapter of this story is done. I'll post it chapter by chapter and then compile at the end

5 days to go
Old 09-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #84
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
holy cow, i hoppersvilles done already ??? i suppose i shouldn't be surprised anymore but i'm impressed !!!

can't wait to read the first chapter of this new one, as well !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #85
Moejoe
Banned

First chapter of the new thriller up and ready in .epub, .mobi and .pdf, expect chp 2 - 8 tonight
Old 09-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #86
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

Any takers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post

Quote:
Okay, I'm challenged.

55,000 words.

-------------

Here's the blurb:

----------

Good enough?

I really have to learn to not need sleep! For some reason a lot of interesting stuff always happens when I have to sleep.

Downloaded Hoppersville #2 and can't wait for the rest along with a brand new thriller (written as a challenge in just 5 days!)

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote