Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
ahmedalsh40
ahmedalsh40 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle toouch
Angry text to speech not work

hello;
i have a problem in my kindle k5 text to speech not work
i made a mistake (formatted my kindle using my computer ) i need solution for this problem .such that files of speech or any solution .
thanks
ahmedalsh40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you've deleted the TTS files, you need to find another copy of the files from somewhere (assuming that you didn't make a backup first, which is always a good idea!). But please don't ask here; these are copyrighted files, and we don't allow requests which would infringe copyright. A good place to start would be to contact Kindle Customer Service.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
err... I seem to recall the FAT can be repopulated. by convincing the Firmware that it is corrupted. Or something....

Perhaps someone else can remember how that is actually achieved.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
O.P. will need shell access - somehow.

Then the system will auto-rebuild it if it is corrupted.
But that is going to take some learning new skills by the O.P.

I don't think there is a "magic key" that will corrupt it for them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah, good point. but I cant actually remember what constitutes as corrupted. I kinda recall IXtab writing x00's over something. perhaps with dd.

and this istigated a self preservation script on the part of the OS.

but the details elude me.

EDIT: Ah no.... READ BELOW...

Last edited by twobob; 01-26-2013 at 01:19 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It doesn't restore said TTS files though .

If you don't have a backup, HarryT's answer is your best bet, AFAIR, Kindle CS is aware of this kind of mishaps, and has a handy restore package on hand.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote