Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #16
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I just applied Adblock Plus and it works like a charm
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #17
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Let's remove all those annoying colors too - turn the site into a black and white affair.
I also wish the font to be 24pt Comic Sans!

Sheesh, people. After looking at an avatar twice you won't see it anymore. Unless y'all suffering from some kind of attention def ... oh look, a squirrel!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmolch View Post
They are so annoying, can you exclude them?
Eh! What's up doc?
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
To all those who *like* moving things/gifs on webpages: they make me hurry, hurry, hurry away and I might most likely not read your (otherwise ) intelligent, well-put and well-thought-out post.

They can be extremely distracting, especially if large like the avatars (small mood icons seem not to be so difficult), so those who prefer this kind of avatar would likely loose out on attention to what they are saying. It's your choice to keep the avatar - I choose to move away and read the next post.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Unless y'all suffering from some kind of attention def ... oh look, a squirrel!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #21
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
I don't read any posts that has vowels.
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #22
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sorry, did you say something?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #23
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
To all those who *like* moving things/gifs on webpages: they make me hurry, hurry, hurry away and I might most likely not read your (otherwise ) intelligent, well-put and well-thought-out post.

They can be extremely distracting, especially if large like the avatars (small mood icons seem not to be so difficult), so those who prefer this kind of avatar would likely loose out on attention to what they are saying. It's your choice to keep the avatar - I choose to move away and read the next post.
To each their own! all you have to do is use Firefox and Adblock plus if they offend you!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #24
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I add any user with an animated avatar to my ignore list...99% of them are so obnoxious I leave the thread once I see them...

BTW, I LIKE roger the rabbit's avatar...that's a perfect example of an non-obnoxious animated avatar...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
roger the rabbit
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
BTW, I LIKE roger the rabbit's avatar...that's a perfect example of an non-obnoxious animated avatar...
Very kind - thank you

I see the OP has now converted to an animated avatar, very nice it is too!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #26
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

That's like smokers calling for non-smoking areas
Old 10-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I add any user with an animated avatar to my ignore list...99% of them are so obnoxious I leave the thread once I see them...
Well done
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #28
mores
Guru

Spoiler:

I mean, this really hurts. But the other avatars
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chargedngons_anim.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	37158   Click image for larger version

Name:	psychedelic.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	37159  
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-27-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #29
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
It's the movement that's distracting. Some people (me included) can't so easily filter out unnecessary sensory information - I keep seeing it, and it keeps distracting me from reading the text.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #30
A Nonny Mouse
Connoisseur
A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
It's the movement that's distracting. Some people (me included) can't so easily filter out unnecessary sensory information - I keep seeing it, and it keeps distracting me from reading the text.
Some people have less problems multi tasking than others methinks!
A Nonny Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote