Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #46
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAIX View Post
[B]
Let's say - start the device - go to Main Menu --> last 5 opened Documents
So to say a QuickLink to the last five documents.
They've talked about this before on their forum. My understanding is that a "recent documents" list is definitely something they are planning on adding, but they wanted to get the power management sorted out first.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #47
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
A spreadsheet app would be nice, one that can do graphs.

Admitedly it is then becoming more like a PC than a Reader, but, it would still be very useful.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #48
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
A feature I would like to see is an "Underline" option. This feature would draw a line after marking two points.

Most of the time I use my reader I highlight parts of a text just underlying them, but unfortunately there is no way to get a straight line (the train movement is not helping me, but even sitting in a chair I also have troubles).
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #49
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
I would like to see Xournal incorporated into system. Several of the features requested would become available with the incorporation of this program. For instance, drawing straight lines under text is a snap. Erasing entire sections within a notepad is very easy - in fact entire sections of scribbling can be moved around the page. The todo list seems short (perhaps beguilingly so): improve the refresh rate (it is already workable) and port the PDF libraries. The resolution of the scribbles is much superior to the native scribbles and the ability to save named files instead on sequentially named copies of templates makes file retrieval a snap. Merging and renaming template copies is too cumbersome. Plus merge does not work on my computer: I have to go to another computer.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #50
Warriah
Enthusiast
Warriah began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR-1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
A feature I would like to see is an "Underline" option. This feature would draw a line after marking two points.

Most of the time I use my reader I highlight parts of a text just underlying them, but unfortunately there is no way to get a straight line (the train movement is not helping me, but even sitting in a chair I also have troubles).
I totally agree... Underlining and/or highlighting are the very last "big" improves that I would from Irex.
I hope they will added soon!

Last edited by Warriah; 06-14-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Warriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #51
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
mobi-support for future firmware-release...
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #52
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Finally updated the sticky top post with the current info after a pretty long absence.

Going over things, it is somewhat depressing how little headway is made at iRex in improving the usability of a very expensive device, especially since a lot of it is software/firmware related. Like accessing the Go To Page dialogue in fullscreen mode, or the criminally underused tablet functionality: Pen buttons, pressure sensitivity, a couple of gray color choices...

Never mind compressed folder support, or at least remembering the position/document within an uncompressed one. Or a serif font. Or having a simple toggle to choose between a black or white background for docs that don't fit the DR1000's screen.

Sometimes I get the impression that only a couple of software engineer are left on the project...

1.7, whenever it arrives (I can't believe people are still getting worked up over that), will be another little step in the right direction, but by next year time will run out for iRex with the kind of competition that's around the corner... and it's nice they want to get a color reader ready by 2011, but even that one would benefit from having a solid OS/UI foundation to build on, and we sure aren't there yet...

In the meantime I still use the device with biggest, most hires screen currently on the market regularly, warts and all, wishing it could be all it can be.

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 08-09-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added link
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #53
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
Sometimes I get the impression that only a couple of software engineer are left on the project...
They're a very small company. They've probably always had only a couple software engineers.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #54
Warriah
Enthusiast
Warriah began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR-1000S
What about a small, optional digital clock at the bottom-right corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
Going over things, it is somewhat depressing how little headway is made at iRex in improving the usability of a very expensive device, especially since a lot of it is software/firmware related.
Sage words...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They're a very small company. They've probably always had only a couple software engineers.
Ok but it isn't an excuse.. In that case they simply should hire more programmers.

Last edited by Warriah; 08-17-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Warriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #55
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriah View Post
Ok but it isn't an excuse.. In that case they simply should hire more programmers.
I never claimed it was an excuse, I was just confirming allovertheglobe's impression.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #56
diegeschichte
diegeschichte began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Picture frame

Hi,
I'm looking for somebody that is able to write a little program for the iRex DR1000S. I want to use the device as a nice picture frame, because sometimes its just lying in the room and I want to have it looking nice.

I want to have a folder or something where I can put a picture in and what is displayed fullscreen when shutting down the device, suppressing the clear-function after being switched off.

Is this simple or complicated to implement?

Thank you very much for your help,
Robert, Germany.
diegeschichte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #57
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Small Update

I'm back after quite some absence, and have finally updated the top post with the 1.7.1 update, checked all the links and added one for the i-to-i blog.

Wow, after all this time... nothing. No official epub support, no support for most of the features of the Wacom tablet, no support for ANY compressed file format (Recent reminder: turning copying back less than 100 image folders into a 20,000 file copy ordeal... Grrr)

iRex has definitely completely dropped the ball on the most expensive current eReader out there (and the only that has gotten more expensive since I bought mine) And looks like history is repeating itself with the DR800 (and it's not like iliad users hadn't brought this up before the DR1000 launch) Delays, missing features from the get-go (to be added later... just don't hold your breath), bugs etc.

Thanks to the community at least we have some epub support, and a couple of other additions (I've given up on Interactive Fiction) Kudos guys, especially considering how small this community is compared to the Android devs (nook), Kindle community, and what is going to an explosion of extra apps for the iPad, critics notwithstanding.

As I keep repeating (maybe to console myself ) at least it's a nice big screen!
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #58
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
totally feel your despair , we are all on the same sinking boat.at least , until 2-3 months later where a flurry of 10 inchers would surface , we could resort to being the only big screen in the market
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #59
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
es posible que me ayuden?
mi irex no prende , solo aparece un mensaje que dice que no encuentra ninguna targeta de memoria.
no se que hacer.
gracias
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #60
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
mi irex es dr800sg
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote