Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #27451
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine
And I dare not drown my sorrows in the warm glow of your wine
You can't buy my love with money cause I never was that kind

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXcS-glAU )

Good morning, everyone! Sitting here with a needle and thread in hand, sewing a new club patch to the shoulder of my fencing jacket. We've been formally challenged by one of the larger International Schools in northern Thailand, and I've get to get the club colors on straight. I've got Linda R. to motivate me, a big mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea to lubricate me, and some band-aid (plasters) to stop the bleeding. Someone offered to buy my old motor scooter for $100 less than I paid for it 6 months ago, so that gets happily delivered later in the morning. I figure I got my money's worth from it. Looks to be another good day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 AM   #27452
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nice deal Stitchawl and good luck at the match.

Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee to brew and slicing up some apples for a snack.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #27453
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
And I dare not drown my sorrows in the warm glow of your wine
You can't buy my love with money cause I never was that kind

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXcS-glAU )

Good morning, everyone! Sitting here with a needle and thread in hand, sewing a new club patch to the shoulder of my fencing jacket. We've been formally challenged by one of the larger International Schools in northern Thailand, and I've get to get the club colors on straight. I've got Linda R. to motivate me, a big mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea to lubricate me, and some band-aid (plasters) to stop the bleeding. Someone offered to buy my old motor scooter for $100 less than I paid for it 6 months ago, so that gets happily delivered later in the morning. I figure I got my money's worth from it. Looks to be another good day!

Stitchawl
aw sitchy, I'll cheer you on with rubies
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #27454
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
aw sitchy, I'll cheer you on with rubies
Thank you, dear. It shall be my first International fencing victory in more than 25 years! Even my wife is planing to attend. She's refused, however, to bring pom-poms and cheer. Oh well... Even in high school, we couldn't get the cheerleaders to come to our team matches. (They wouldn't cheer the chess club's matches either, so I don't feel too badly.)

I'm having a late afternoon mug of PG Tips tea, the only teabag tea that I'll drink in Asia. It's remarkably good stuff!

Stitchawl
Old 01-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #27455
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Coffee - Black - #2
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #27456
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Good luck, Stichawl. I hope you fence well and have fun.

It's a beautiful day here in Paradise. Clear, not a cloud in the sky, and even the fog is taking a vacation. A bit brisk, but that's a fair trade-off, and it promises to get up to 8 or 9C today, so I can't complain.

Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #27457
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Folgers in my cup. Yes, I know, but it really isn't too bad; not as bold a flavor as the Sumatra, but still not bad.

The sun is out here and I'm making my list for a round of errands then off to set up a new wireless router for mom.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #27458
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Folgers in my cup. Yes, I know, but it really isn't too bad; not as bold a flavor as the Sumatra, but still not bad.

The sun is out here and I'm making my list for a round of errands then off to set up a new wireless router for mom.
It's caffeine, right? And that is the primary point.

Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #27459
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #27460
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Good luck, Stitchawl. I hope you fence well and have fun.
And profitably, too. That's the whole point, isn't it, for a fence?

pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #27461
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Laphroaig! Lots of Laphroaig!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #27462
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Ready to start the duel begins
the best man wins in the end
A lunge and a feint, a parry too late
A cut to the chest and you're down
Seeing the stain then feeling the pain
Feeling the sweat on your brow

OH...OH... Fight for the Honour
Fight for the Splendour
Fight for the Pleasure
OH...OH... Fight for the Honour
Fight for the Splendour
Fight for your Life!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPONcmvVAbY )
Horrible music for such a wonderful pastime.

Good morning, all! Sun's already over my shoulder. Gotta get a move on. It's Saturday which means the Chiang Mai Fencing Club will meet to play today, and I need to modify the handle of one of my weapons. I guess I'm getting delicate in my old age, cuz the grip on my epée gave me a blister last week...
A good mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea brightens the day as I try and figure out whether to use a grinder or a file to make the modifications. It's just soft aluminum, so perhaps a file will be best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Good luck, Stichawl. I hope you fence well and have fun.
Thanks. It's ALWAYS fun! Today I should learn when the challenge match is to occur. I guess I'm going to have to be there if I plan to play. I figure I've already won the match... just not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
And profitably, too. That's the whole point, isn't it, for a fence?
It was when I was younger (18-25.) We used to go from fencing salle to fencing salle, challenging the local fenceRS to play... and just to make it interesting, a little side wager. Rather like pool-room hustlers, but without the little rat-faced guy with the cigar sitting on the tall bar stool watching the room... The bets were higher at the New York Athletic Club than at Salle Santelli, and the fencers not nearly as skilled.
Easy money!

Stitchawl.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #27463
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck, Stitchawl!

Having tea #4 after interrupting my afternoon with a drive to Costco. Man, it's cold out there! The weatherperson says tomorrow's snow won't be a problem, but just in case they're wrong, we're set!
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:03 AM   #27464
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It's caffeine, right? And that is the primary point.
I like that. It's a much better line to use to convince myself than
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Back to Sumatra coffee in my cup and a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter cups on my plate.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #27465
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Yet another mango lassi. There is just something about watching them slice up a fresh mango and put it into the blender that moves me...

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?