Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?
LCD Tablet (iPad, Kindle Fire, Kobo Arc, Nexus 7, Nook Tab, etc) 47 28.83%
Non-LCD eReader (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony, etc) 33 20.25%
Smartphone (Android, iPhone, Windows, etc) 19 11.66%
Media Player (Galaxy Player, iPod touch, etc) 7 4.29%
MP3 Player (Cowon, iPod nano, Sansa Clip, Sony etc) 6 3.68%
Computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, ultrabook, etc) 24 14.72%
Other (please specify) 10 6.13%
No new gadgets for me this holiday season 60 36.81%
Not interested in this thread, but love to vote in polls 9 5.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?

What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?
  • LCD Tablet (iPad, Kindle Fire, Kobo Arc, Nexus 7, Nook Tab, etc)
  • Non-LCD eReader (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony, etc)
  • Smartphone (Android, iPhone, Windows, etc)
  • Media Player (Galaxy Player, iPod touch, etc)
  • MP3 Player (Cowon, iPod nano, Sansa Clip, Sony etc)
  • Computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, ultrabook, etc)
  • Other (please specify)
  • No new gadgets for me this holiday season
  • Not interested in this thread, but love to vote in polls
Multiple choice - you may vote for more than one.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-30-2012 at 05:01 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
I voted for no new gadget for me this holiday season as I already had bought nexus 7. Unless my laptop breaks down, I am saving money to buy audiobooks in my TBR list.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I plan on two major purchases:Both are Google devices and both cost $249 each. I plan on waiting until Black Friday to see if they get discounted or come with a free gift card.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
I voted for no new gadget for me this holiday season as I already had bought nexus 7. Unless my laptop breaks down, I am saving money to buy audiobooks in my TBR list.
for audiobooks. What device do you generally use for them?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
On my smartphone. It is one device that I use for all of my podcasts, audiobooks and most of my reading. I use Nexus for reading PDFs and sony 650 when I am travelling long distance.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The nexus 7.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I chose "Other", as the only purchase I plan on making is to get a couple of hard drives. I've got a new 4-bay NAS box that has two 1.5Tb hard drives in it, so it needs another couple.

I've got a new phone (HTC One X), a new tablet (Asus Transformer Infinity), and my eInk reader (Sony PRS-T1) is fine. Not sure there is anything else I need.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Not sure there is anything else I need.
Blasphemy! One can never have too many toys.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Blasphemy! One can never have too many toys.
I may be a heathen, but this is due to a lack of funds, not because I'm a Luddite. I can only spare around £100 every few months, it took forever saving up for the Infinity.

My true Gadge list is too large to type here, damn shame most of them will only ever appear on the list and not in my home.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I answered new computer, and it is a holiday gift for the family, but it is actually refurbished, and arriving today. Couldn't wait any longer, since the one my kids use broke and they have been using mine!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I'm gonna try and wean myself off Windows and onto Chrome. My computer use is strictly online and it's rare if I do anything offline. My idea of an office suite is notepad. My music, photos and videos are stored on an external hard drive, so the Chromebook's 16GB of storage is plenty for me.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I will be adding some upgrades to my main computer.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I will have to see if I can sneak something past my wife....
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
This may be the first year I've not really fancied any new gadgets or gizmos. Still there's a month to go, something may catch my eye, but as yet no plans for either myself or as presents for others.

Laptop is due for an upgrade, but I'd like to keep it for another year or two and really get my monies worth whilst it's still just about coping with the games I want to play. Same with my iPad one hopefully at another year or more out of that.

Which means, I'm going to be struggling to come up with presents this year

Last edited by JoeD; 10-30-2012 at 09:01 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'd like a Paperwhite, but I'm going to wait til the problems with the screen dies down.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote