Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Free fantasy & Science Fiction downloads on kindle

This listed on a kindle forum.

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Engines/dp/B000WCWVIU
http://www.amazon.com/His-Majestys-Dragon/dp/B000GCFBQA
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Appr.../dp/B000FBFMG6
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Mars/dp/B000QCS914

Lisa
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
blistermania
blistermania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Cool. I'd like to buy a kindle soon and check these out. Hopefully I'll be fortunate to win one.
blistermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch and download the Kindle app, you can send these to your iPod. In fact, they'd make a great way to try the reader out with no risk.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch and download the Kindle app, you can send these to your iPod. In fact, they'd make a great way to try the reader out with no risk.
You can also download the first chapters of most of the Kindle books on Amazon for free. Have already done that on my iPhone and it works fine.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
So, we finally has mobireader for iPhone? Does this mean that we owner of iPhone/iPod can start mobi2lzw conversion?
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Kindle only, how unfortunate
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, we has not. You can't put anything on it that doesn't come from Amazon unless you've jailbroken your phone. And even if you have, you still have to use the kindlepid script to extract the device ID and the kindlefix script to fix any DRM-locked books just as with the hardware Kindle.

This is far from the Mobipocket for iPhone client people have been demanding.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Kindle only, how unfortunate
Nope, they're popping up all over. You can get PDF versions here:

http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Nope, they're popping up all over. You can get PDF versions here:

http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/
Thanks!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
There is also a sony version.
Too bad it is a BBeB Secure file (LRX) instead of a LRF-file, so you can't convert it with Calibre to mobi (Yes, I tried )

A bit stupid for a free book if you ask me
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Random House (or Amazon) pulled a quick switch on this last free book. Rather than Settling Accounts Return Engagement: Book One of the Settling Accounts Trilogy, they have Settling Accounts In at the Death as a free download. Of course, this might be an error, so grab this one while you can.

In the meantime, you can download PDF versions of Settling Accounts: Return Engagements and the other four book from the Suvudu website (but you can't read that on the iKindle).

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
No, we has not. You can't put anything on it that doesn't come from Amazon unless you've jailbroken your phone. And even if you have, you still have to use the kindlepid script to extract the device ID and the kindlefix script to fix any DRM-locked books just as with the hardware Kindle.

This is far from the Mobipocket for iPhone client people have been demanding.
Well, I can manage to free my purchased .prc from drm. Since I have a jailbroken iPhone, I will try to ssh or iphonebrowser my .prc to the archived items folder, locally inside the iPhone. I'll test this theory on the coming weekend.

Update:
I managed to ssh my jailbroken iPhone - after installing SSH to the iPhone via Cydia. With an iMac, I opened Terminal, and ssh root@ipaddress. Then I go to the Kindle\Document\Ebooks and copy 3 free .prc from the other thread here.
When I open Kindle app in my iPhone, there are 3 covers for 3 prcs, and I can read them well.
Not yet the ultimate mobireader for iPhone, but iPhone owners can surely make use of Kindle for iPhone to store their unDRMed prc.

Last edited by thianliongpatpoh; 03-06-2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: update
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #13
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Random House (or Amazon) pulled a quick switch on this last free book. Rather than Settling Accounts Return Engagement: Book One of the Settling Accounts Trilogy, they have Settling Accounts In at the Death as a free download.
It IS Return Engagement, they just put in the wrong cover image
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
Blood Engines

I just wanted to a plug in for the T.A. Pratt book Blood Engines. I've got two of the author's other books from Amazon and really enjoyed them. Pretty sure I've read Blood Engines from the library so am really happy to get my own copy for an excellent price!
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:08 AM   #15
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerement View Post
It IS Return Engagement, they just put in the wrong cover image
No, I downloaded it, it appears to be In At the Death unless they changed all the copyright and about the author and also by, etc. pages as well.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote