Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 AM   #1
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Kindle Pw1 5.4.4 howto add extra font?

kindle paperwhite1 ver.5.4.4, you have some solution for adding fonts without jailbreak, with the old method does not work alt_font more.
Thanks.
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The only other way to do it is to embed the desired font in the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've done that with my DRM free books which I normally send to my Kindle email address. I don't do that now I side-load using USB. The embedded font shows as Publisher Font. It works really well.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
fendesa
Enthusiast

I was referring to the old trick use_alt_font and font folder, where it was possible to add any font

Last edited by fendesa; 03-08-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I know you were, and as I told you, it doesn't work with the new firmware. The only way to add fonts now is to add them to a book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
fendesa
Enthusiast

Thanks @HarryT