Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Amazon Kindle 3 (NO SPECIAL OFFERS) at $114

There's a discussion on this in the Slickdeals forum, thought I'd bring it here in case anyone's interested:

Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology by Amazon for $114 (no special offers or ads, but the catch is that there isn't any wall adapter)

via @mfp (Slickdeals forum):

Quote:
I can confirm there is NO POWER ADAPTER, it does have the USB cord which will charge through your computer or any other USB charger. The unit is brand new, has NO ADS, no paper instructions or manual. It was in certified "frustration free" packaging with 2 things in the box, the Kindle and a USB cord. The bar code sticker says "Special Offers" but I can confirm, THERE ARE NONE. It was pre-registered to my amazon account.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Sounds like the replacement Kindle I was shipped a while back (the no wall adapter thing) except mine was 3G. I wonder if they're refurbs or not (it's an odd listing with no pics or details).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
What's even more striking that Amazon would ship $114 version outside US.

I easily went through the ordering process and a couple readers of my blog have already ordered it to Poland - http://swiatczytnikow.pl/kindle-3-wifi-za-366-zlotych/
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
The Redbaron
The Redbaron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Looks like a great deal. No need for an instruction manual when the full manual is already on the device. FWIW any Kindle shipped outside of US (I think) comes without power adaptor, only USB charger.
The Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
That's correct: ALL Kindles shipped outside of the US do NOT include a power adapter -- including *grumble, grumble* Canada.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
That's correct: ALL Kindles shipped outside of the US do NOT include a power adapter -- including *grumble, grumble* Canada.
Hmm... makes this a great deal for those overseas then, you get the $139 Kindle for just $114, and all you lack is the manual since you were never supposed to get the adaptor anyway
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
It seems that Amazon finally noticed this deal and now the product is 404. :-)
However as some people told me, their $114 Kindles HAVE SHIPPED.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote