Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
DavidP
DavidP began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000SW
Mobi Pocket Reader

I have been experimenting with my DR1000S for some time now and am ready to try out the MobiPocket software put some of my material on the DR.

The MobiPocket website says the Mobipocket reader for the DR1000 is available from the iRex site but I haven't been able to find it. Anybody know how you get hold of it?
DavidP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It is built into the DR1000. When you buy a Mobi book, you just copy it to the reader & it will display it.

If it is a DRM protected book, you need to register your DR1000 on the site before you download the book. Then download and again the DR1000 will read it quite happily.

If you go to most shops they have a section on how to register your device. The registraion number you require is in the About section of the DR1000. It is teh PID number and must be entered as Capitals.

regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
IThe registraion number you require is in the About section of the DR1000. It is teh PID number and must be entered as Capitals.
Or use Mobipocket Reader Desktop 6.2 Beta, build 614 and connect the DR1000 to your Windows PC via USB. The DR1000 should be recognised and added to the device list. You can let Mobipocket Reader Desktop manage all your MOBI ebooks, but if you do this they will all end up in a single directory on the DR1000. If you manually copy them over via USB you can setup any directory structure you want.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
DavidP
DavidP began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000SW
Many thanks Guys.

I have now been able to create trial docs using MobiPocket Create and transfer them to my DR1000 for reading.

This device is becoming really useful.
DavidP is offline   Reply With Quote