Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Use of SD Card and Built in Storage

I am interested to know how other users make use of the two storage mediums.
Do you use SD Card for one group of books and built in for another?
I am a new Hanlin user and so far have loaded all my books on the SD Card.
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Dende
Dende began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Been dumping everything into the SD so far, haven't found or read anything showing a difference in either location, though I am a new owner
Dende is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #3
javimm
Connoisseur
javimm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
I store all my books in the SD card and copy the books I'm currently reading to internal memory using Openinkpot's built in file manager.
In theory access to internal memory is faster and eats less batery.
I don't use USB for transfering files, just for charging.
javimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
Fake51
Enthusiast
Fake51 began at the beginning.

Device: LBook V3
Have a 4gig SD card - thus, absolutely no use for the builtin storage. It'll serve as a place to keep important backup stuff, though, such as fonts or various other things.

Regards
Fake
Fake51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Thank you all for your input. It seems most favour the sd card and it makes sense to me.The openinkpot sounds interesting javimm I will look further at it. My present understanding is that it is beta at this time
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I only keep the manual on the internal storage. All ebooks on SD. And I highly recommend OpenInkPot.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
kapaka
kapaka began at the beginning.

Device: BQ
I too keep all my books in the SD. It makes for much easier backup in the computer. I keep the editing confortably in a computer folder and use a backup utility to keep the SD up to date. And should anything happen to the SD I am covered.
kapaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
I run OpenInkPot, which has a very precise battery monitor, and I notice that the battery drains a little faster when reading from the SD card. So I keep a bunch of books on my SD card, but I keep the ones that I am currently reading in the internal memory.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote