Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #16
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes!

[desertgrandma is still banned! Unless she switches to Amazon gift cards!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

But what's wrong with those KFC gift cards?

Though, I prefer to bake my chickens in my own oven...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #18
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
The fiancee and I have agreed to not exchange gifts this year between the two of us due to our wedding next June. Of course, her being a woman, and me being a man, I know better than to not get her anything. So I am getting her a few things:

5" GPS with lifetime map updates
Se7en on Blu-ray
Laptop cooling pad thingy
Sterling Silver earrings

I'll probably get in a lot of trouble, but who cares .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
After spending the week back home in Alabana with the drunken in-laws, my gift will be to get home after the holiday!

I've got a flock of pink flamingo figurines that are wearing santa hats, sunglasses, flipflops, and carrying wreaths that I plan to wrap and take as gifts for the hostess at the parties we will be attending. Meanwhile, they are roosting on my coffee table. I hope their new owners enjoy them as much as I have. I get the giggles!

I do not want anything for myself. Is it corny to say that my wish is for peace and for the returning service boys to quickly pick up their lives and successfully transfer back to civilian life?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Quote:
That's funny - that's what my S.O. gave me this morning for my birthday - $100 Amazon gift card - to thank me for not bringing books into the house any more!
Belated Birthday wishes to you Poo

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #21
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Don't know what I will receive but whatever it is it will be life transforming and will result in my everlasting happiness - as will all those gifts that I give...if I get round to buying them.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
After spending the week back home in Alabana with the drunken in-laws, my gift will be to get home after the holiday!

I've got a flock of pink flamingo figurines that are wearing santa hats, sunglasses, flipflops, and carrying wreaths that I plan to wrap and take as gifts for the hostess at the parties we will be attending. Meanwhile, they are roosting on my coffee table. I hope their new owners enjoy them as much as I have. I get the giggles!
Pictures!

Quote:
I do not want anything for myself. Is it corny to say that my wish is for peace and for the returning service boys to quickly pick up their lives and successfully transfer back to civilian life?
No. We won't really give gifts this Christmas to each other. Those HP DVD's are already ordered and in house. Unwrapped atm. We simply won't put it next to the others before Christmas

After we decided to buy that Kitchenaid, we also decided to not give it for Christmas but to get it asap. And skip the gift-giving for Christmas. We already got enough junk as it is... (But we really needed a mixer as my old kitchen machine is really aging after more than 20 years).

I might get one other little thing though. Simply because I've been looking for an excuse for giving it
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #23
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
I saw that post, but was too late! I think I "need" (as if!) a touch reader, though. I've become so used to my touch phone that whenever I'm faced with a small screen my first instinct is to touch it. On the other hand, for $40 I could probably get over it. Right now I'm down to the Kobo Touch or the Sony.
I can vouch for the KT.

Last edited by The Terminator; 12-11-2011 at 09:25 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I might get one other little thing though. Simply because I've been looking for an excuse for giving it
Hints?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #25
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
In the early '70's my wife and I went on a 3-week long canoe trip in northern Quebec. After leaving the docks, we paddled and portaged for more than a week, going from lake to lake. After the fourth day, we didn't see another person. After about 7-8 days, we passed a small island on which someone had set up their tent... and in front of it, had put up a bright pink yard Flamingo! It was SOOOO wonderfully out of place! I can still picture it vividly in my mind!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
In the early '70's my wife and I went on a 3-week long canoe trip in northern Quebec. After leaving the docks, we paddled and portaged for more than a week, going from lake to lake. After the fourth day, we didn't see another person. After about 7-8 days, we passed a small island on which someone had set up their tent... and in front of it, had put up a bright pink yard Flamingo! It was SOOOO wonderfully out of place! I can still picture it vividly in my mind!

Stitchawl

LOVE IT!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

KFC = YES!

Amazon = banned
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
The T1 seems to have some problems.
I do want to get a T1 for a gift. I can trade in a 500 and it will be cheap. But I am waiting to see what happens with the firmware. I still have some time to decide what to do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #29
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
LOVE IT!
I guess you would'nt be interested in this piece of garden sculpture then.

5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #30
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
If my wife and I are able to get gifts, I'm hoping to get Skyrim. I don't normally get new video games. I wait until the drop below $20
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote