Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
Covers in the book details on the right

When a book has no cover calibre displays a small brown book instead of the cover in the book details on the right. Is there a way to switch it of? or at least limit its size to something smaller? I would prefer to use the space for longer comments etc.

On the subject, is the maximum size of ANY cover displayed there configurable? I like it for normal covers and would not change it anyway, just being curious.

If one were to limit the cover to a small size, it might actually be a sensible idea to pull up the text to be beside the cover, if the space allows for it.

While trying to describe the area i was talking about i found a slight naming problem. in the prefs it is called "book details" (as in select which metadata to display in bookdetails) but in the gui itself book details refers to the popup information window with all the book information.
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
That's a good idea, wonder if it could be turned off.
It would be quite nice to have the whole left side for the Comments/Details esp if you have the coverbrowser open anyway.

Not sure if its possible though, I know you can change the default cover, but that would just scale to fit the designed area, so that's no good.

To be able to change it on the fly would be real nice, just drag a corner and have it dynamically resize the cover
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
Thanks for mentioning that it can be changed. I Just changed it to a smaller version of itself, now it won't get too big. I can live with a small area used for a "senseless" cover...
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Using a smaller file, particularly one that is smaller vertically, seems to be the best kluge. I've attached one that works very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	default_cover.png
Views:	218
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	83551  
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote