Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Placing hyperlinks in a Kindle fixed layout template

Stuck here, I know a little bit of css but need to know from the Mobileread gods on this one

I have a Kindle fixed layout which has an image that fills the entire page, I need to have a few scattered hyperlinks and need a bit of help as I'm adding the links in Dreamweaver, positioning the links top and left but when I preview I see the link is in the correct spot but the image is pushed down. I need to place the links directly on TOP of the image and position it from there.

any help?

thx!

R
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdit View Post
Stuck here, I know a little bit of css but need to know from the Mobileread gods on this one

I have a Kindle fixed layout which has an image that fills the entire page, I need to have a few scattered hyperlinks and need a bit of help as I'm adding the links in Dreamweaver, positioning the links top and left but when I preview I see the link is in the correct spot but the image is pushed down. I need to place the links directly on TOP of the image and position it from there.

any help?

thx!

R
When you say, "on TOP of the image," you mean, essentially, float the links atop the actual image, and make them functional? You're basically trying to make an interactive fixed-format book, is that the take-away?

You obviously don't mean, "above" the image, page-wise, right?

I don't actually know how on earth you can build a successful fixed-format book in Dreamweaver, as Kindle Fixed-format requires that each page have its own settings, etc. I assume that you are already identifying the text for pop-up, right? Are you using Targets for the pop-ups already, or...?

As the pages are the "background images," you'll have to create divs for each item (link) that will sit atop the images. You'll have to create spans and id's for each one. Then position them, just as you would for the pop-up (RM) text. Right?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Was able to get this done but on some pages I have a black line under the icons. Cant seem to figure that one out, any help?

see attached pix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LinkUnderline1.png
Views:	253
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	116031   Click image for larger version

Name:	LinkUnderline2.png
Views:	274
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	116032  
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It looks blue to me. I'm pretty sure that's the default "text-decoration" for links. Try adding:

a img { text-decoration: none; }

to the CSS.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
checked that and made sure decoration is set to none and I still have the lines. Can I post the css?

HI
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert