Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #91
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
If any one gets to try the M-Edge jacket, let us know. My local Wal-Mart is stocking them and I was wondering if a T-1 might possibly fit.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #92
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
I would like a cover that is like the cover that came with the Sony PRS-505 - that was elegant. The cover Sony sells for the PRS-T1 is nowhere near as well made and is horrendously overpriced.

What is needed is a cover manufacturer to bite the bullet and invest the money for the plastic mold for the spine attachment. My guess is that the mold would cost about US $5000, and the parts about $ .05 each made from polycarbonate. Then a really nice leather cover with magnetic closing could be offered and at US $10 each the manufacturer would be laughing all the way to the bank and at the same time do all of us Sony users a real service.

I do understand all too well though that it is *so* easy to tell someone else how to run their business...

Cheers
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG View Post
I just bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CaseCrown-Ca...00873282761411

And it seems like a good basic neoprene bag for carrying my T1 around without getting it scratched up. I like holding the unit "naked" when reading, so this is just for using during transport in my backpack or bike pannier.

Scott
And if you drop your T1, you risk it breaking and having to buy another or do without. Not a good idea at all to go without a cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delete this post

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-13-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
There's a review of the lighted case in white at the gadgeteer http://the-gadgeteer.com/2011/10/29/...-light-review/ which shows the clip in rear. Makes it nice and slim.

IMHO the case you've bought without the light looks better. The plastic for the light version looks cheap, at least in white.
I have the light cover for my 650 and I do use the light. A clip light is not as convenient. it means you have something else to have to carry with you. What really surprises me is that we don't see more third party covers with a built-in light for eink devices.
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Dear all, there will be a case with an inner holder within 2 weeks. By the end of november we will launch a case with light, I will post a few pictures soon.
Who is all? I've not seen any users with the name of all.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
It looks like Tuff-Luv will be coming out with their T1 cases in about 27 days. They're now accepting preorders, although they haven't posted any pictures yet. I have one of their cases on my PRS-350 and it's one of the best cases I've ever had for an eReader.

http://tuff-luv.com/e-readers/sony-r...-t1-cases.html

Although I wish Oberon made cases for the T1 I've never owned an Oberon before and they look very nice.
Tuff-Luv is just too expensive. $40 (roughly) is just too much for a cover without a light.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #98
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hereby some pictures of the new cover with an inner holder:

Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #99
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:

Did you mean to post the link as an image? I had to open the link in a new tab...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gec...09452472469103

*edit*

The case looks nice. Do you have any photos of where the stylus would go?

Thanks!

*edit2*

Is the model with the light. I didn't see any...

Last edited by trekker99; 11-14-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added comments
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #100
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
The stylus will be in the middle of the case, same position as our current sony prs t1 case. I do have pictures for the case with light, I will post them online soon. It will be available in the beginning of december.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #101
Zielarnik
Zielarnik began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Quote:
The stylus will be in the middle of the case, same position as our current sony prs t1 case. I do have pictures for the case with light, I will post them online soon. It will be available in the beginning of december.
Oh yes, please, do post the pictures of the case with light as soon as possible. How much will it cost?
Zielarnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #102
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNI View Post
I would like a cover that is like the cover that came with the Sony PRS-505 - that was elegant. The cover Sony sells for the PRS-T1 is nowhere near as well made and is horrendously overpriced.

What is needed is a cover manufacturer to bite the bullet and invest the money for the plastic mold for the spine attachment. My guess is that the mold would cost about US $5000, and the parts about $ .05 each made from polycarbonate. Then a really nice leather cover with magnetic closing could be offered and at US $10 each the manufacturer would be laughing all the way to the bank and at the same time do all of us Sony users a real service.

I do understand all too well though that it is *so* easy to tell someone else how to run their business...

Cheers
Don't know if it has been shown already, but you should take a look at the Noreve cover:

http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...ther_case.html

I don't have it myself, but I have the the version for the 650. Beautiful leather and beautifully made.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #103
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
That Noreve looks lovely, but whew, €50! I like the look of the Gecko Luxe, too, and wonder how much it will cost.

It the meanwhile, I will continue using the one I made from the foam bag my T1 came in, with a piece of stiff foam on one side to protect the screen (could be corrugated cardboard) and all wrapped in duct-tape. Not only is it cheap, it is also ugly! Come on, Gecko...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB140215.JPG
Views:	700
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	78992   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB140213.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	78993  
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #104
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Don't know if it has been shown already, but you should take a look at the Noreve cover:

http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/prod...ther_case.html

I don't have it myself, but I have the the version for the 650. Beautiful leather and beautifully made.
Yay! More options! Though still VERY interested in seeing the Gecko lighted case! I don't like the Sony lighted cover that much, but I can see I would like the convenience of having a light handy at times.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #105
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Quote:

That looks really nice. Will you be posting overseas?.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote