Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quick Question about EE Batteries

Just thinking ahead and figured that now will probably be the best time to ask questions about EEs and PEs, as this forum is bound to wither as time goes on, unless Entourage rises from the grave (please please please). Is there any way to rig up a battery in case the EEs battery craps out. I mean, even if it does not fit in the edge or anything, just some way to keep the edges portability. Being the electronics noob I am, (I'm getting better I swear) I was wondering if there was any way to do this with a battery with the same amp, voltage, and type (like lithium ion, ect.).
As usual, thanks in advance for any help and for putting up with my questions (I just love this product and want it to live forever).
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
There are external battery options. Let me see if I can find the threads where they are discussed:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...battery&page=2

I found this to be interesting: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=battery

There's more, but I give up for now.

Last edited by Filark; 06-26-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Thanks for the reply, I read the first thread you posted when I was scanning threads to see if I was being redundant and I was aware that you could find external battery chargers, then I read the second post for the first time and it seems you can also run the EE without a battery. I have a couple electronics that will not run without a battery even if it is plugged in (ohh the hatred) and it is good to know the EE is better than that. So that seems to be one way to skin this cat.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
ebookreaderdiscounter still has batteries for the EE. I've purchased a couple for myself for the years to come...
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, edge, entourage, replacment