Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Pocketbook 360 questions

A couple of questions from a new user:

1. Using the ADE software, when you follow a hyperlink, is there a way to go back to where you were? I can't find a way to do it (other than to set a bookmark before the jump, and then go back to the bookmark).

2. How the ****** do you get out of the chess game? In the end, I had to turn the machine off to do so!

Very happy with the machine so far!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
To no 2 re chess - I've read before that someone had a problem quitting from this. If you have your off switch key mapped to go back to the menu on a short press then you would be able to quit the game without turning the machine off. How it should work is beyond me.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Marshal Kilgore
Enthusiast
Marshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the endMarshal Kilgore knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: PocketBook 631
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... 2. How the [denaughtyfied, P.] do you get out of the chess game? ...
You can exit the chess game by long pressing the lower pages button; it should have assigned the "exit" function by default.
Marshal Kilgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Kilgore View Post
You can exit the chess game by long pressing the lower pages button; it should have assigned the "exit" function by default.
You can withdraw from any book or program, a long time hold down the two large buttons.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I have the power button short-press programmed to the recently-read list.
Calling the list from inside the apps will take you to the book in question even from inside the games.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A couple of questions from a new user:

1. Using the ADE software, when you follow a hyperlink, is there a way to go back to where you were? I can't find a way to do it (other than to set a bookmark before the jump, and then go back to the bookmark).
When you are done with the page you jumped to, press the hyperlink button again. There should be a link in the top margin which will take you back if you click on it. I've encountered some footnotes that toggle back and forth between the superscript in the text and the actual note.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
When you are done with the page you jumped to, press the hyperlink button again. There should be a link in the top margin which will take you back if you click on it. I've encountered some footnotes that toggle back and forth between the superscript in the text and the actual note.

Luqman
Unfortunately that doesn't work. If I click on a hyperlink which takes me to a page that does not itself have a hyperlink on it, then clicking "down arrow" (the normal "hyperlink" button) just displays a message that says "there are no links on this page".
Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
You can withdraw from any book or program, a long time hold down the two large buttons.
Thank you very much!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Oh, those chess!..))) and the sea-battle!)) I had once a little confusion...some time ago I was demonstrating the device to smbdy, and showing all features got to the chess for the first time))) I was ashamed I didn't know at that time how to get out of this great game))))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I still think that sea-battle should be oriented the other way 'round. And a little documentation would go a long way with that game. Maybe I'll do it myself after these family days!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote